Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

SUNGOD wrote: »
    ...i did 20 ..7;40 pace...
    After 21 miles yesterday:eek:
    That's some pace SUNGOD, kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thanks DP it was 7:40 for the 18 i did with Sosa as he has a garmin, but i dropped off in the 2 i did alone .
    not sure how much prob closer to 8:00.
    but i suppose now im only splitting hairs
    thanks DP things are coming together nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Well done SG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Respect the Sungod!

just me and my i pod tonight, went for a 6 mile recovery run. it was ment to be slow unfortunately the kings of leon had other ideas.
    so i had to change over to music that was more in keeping to a slow run:D

• Advertisement

6 miles with Sosa early this morning,
    not sure what to do later, the winter league is on tonight but i might skip it and go for a LSR in the morning as im away the weekend

so after the 6 miles with Sosa this morning i was in two minds about what to do tonight.
    wether to rest and run tommorrow or do the winter league.
    so i decided to run the winter league, its only my second time doing it since it started in november.
    but the one thing missing from my training is short fast runs/speed work so i really should be doing this more regular as its ideal.
    i did a 1.25 warm up on the way to the winter league and the same as a warm down on the way home so combined with the league itself of 5.2 makes it 7.7 miles
    i finished the 5.2 in 33:30 so i reckon thats 6:28 per mile...i think??
    as i said in previous post im away from saturday morning till sunday night so i might try one last run tommorroe and then take a well earned rest till monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I find the regular league runs brilliant, it's a really good hard run once a week that you wouldn't get in normal training. Up in West Waterford there's pretty much some kind of league running all year long. After the winter league there's a hill running league in Colligan woods and after that there'll be leagues on grass in the Friary college all summer.

SG..for the conn i would probably do build up to 1 or 2 36 mile doubles (18 in am.rest and 18 pm)but wit ACP on i mite try and do them in single sessions maybe 3 or 4 weeks b4 the race.....fb

hi showry the league format is a great way to stay motivated to keep running hard fast distances.
    ye are lucky in west waterford with the amount of leagues/training/races on

hi ultraman thanks for that , i was unsure how long to run. i know i can do 20/20 on sat/sun but was thinking about 18/26 or 14/30 as a goal wether i manage this or not i dont know

• Advertisement

first run tonight since thursday and i needed to get out even if the weather was awful. i hate running in the wind and tonight i had at least 5 miles of a gale blowing straight in my face.
    i was on the verge of not running but as ive done nothing in the last 3 days only eat and sleep i had to get out and run despite the conditions.
    i find it so much easier to run when im running continuously but as soon as i take a break even 1 or 2 days i start to get lazy and complacent about training.
    but anyway i did run ...10 miles tonight ..tommorrow will be easier

6 mile run earlier
    i wanted to go longer but went with a friend who was heading for a sauna/jacuzzi afterwards so went in with him.
    im undecided wether to go for a few miles later on or not

i caved in and went for another 6 tonight , i wanted to do 10 today so after only doing 6 earlier i was going to just head out for 4 but i felt good so just did the same loop as earlier

so 12 in total

10 mile run last night , again in horrible weather
    a nice run is not as enjoyable when the wind and rain are blowing in your face.
    did .3 on the threadmill when i got back to leisure centre to round up my miles on the 1000 mile challenge.
    yeah im sad:D

hiya SG,the knee is gettin bettr by d day,will b able to start pushin on by sunday or monday .i could of done without this blip,but better now than in a few weeks.keep on runnin.:D fb

8 miles in total tonight which consisted of 1.25 warm up ,5.2 mile winter league,1.25 warm down and then .3 on the threadmill when i got back to leisure centre to round it up to 8 miles
    ive run the winter league now for the last 3 thursdays and ive taken off roughly a minute a week
    5.2 mile league
    week 1 34:30
    week 2 33:32
    week 3 32:40

didnt realise how much you would miss the speed work/short fast races from your training
    last year i did 30:30 over the same course so still a bit to go but being realistic im training for an ultra not a 5 mile race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

didnt realise how much you would miss the speed work/short fast races from your training
    last year i did 30:30 over the same course so still a bit to go but being realistic im training for an ultra not a 5 mile race

So true that, enough to put me off the marathon! But dead right, you are training for an ultra, not 5mile, so totally understandable. The good thing is after the ultra, after recovering, if you were to go back to shorter stuff, you'd probably have a big improvement - the large base will stand to you.

6 miles early this morning , nice and easy as i plan for back to back LSR's over the weekend.
    just going to relax tonight and early to bed

30 mile run this morning
    it consisted of 3 loops from the leisure center that are just under 10 miles
    i ran the first loop with a friend who wanted to go early as he had work, i had it timed that as we were finishing i would meet up with Sosa and another mate who is training for the 10 miler in dungarvan next week.
    as it turned out there were 2 others leaving the center as we were so we all went together .
    this was ideal as with the 5 of us chatting the loop was over in no time.
    next came the hard part i did the last loop on my own.
    in fairness i did really feel the last lap especially as there are 2 hills on this loop which are not that long but are energy sapping
    as the loop is under 10 miles long i got on the threadmill when i got back just to make it to 30 miles even
    all in all though im delighted to have gotten a 30 mile run under my belt its a great confidence boost for march

because ive done this today it will mean i will probabily not go long tommorrow and just do a few miles as a recovery run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Thats some going, fair play thats excellent, do you plan on going longer before the race

Woddle wrote: »
    Thats some going, fair play thats excellent, do you plan on going longer before the race

hi woddle , no i dont think i will go over the 30 im open to correction but i reckon thats plenty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

hi woddle , no i dont think i will go over the 30 im open to correction but i reckon thats plenty

Savage training there champ..
    Done ultra last year and i think 30 miler in jan is a bit early tbh but still awesome...what time are u training for?
    Its a great run and by the looks of your training you'll smash it to bits.:)
    Keep it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Incredible. Will be interesting to see how you pull up after this.

PS - how long does a run like that take???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

The Sungod does it again. Great running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD brilliant run. Good idea on the 10 mile loop and company also well for a good bit of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

how long does a run like that take???

I ran the middle leg with him,and he was like the pied piper going along,
    there was fellas i never heard of joining in with us,the right way to do it though.If i was up to it today i would have done some of the last leg also.
    I know SUNGOD a long time now and he rarely surprises me anymore,but after his second lap today,he says to me " i'm going again "...even i was surprised ...he had a nutrigrain and a bottle of isotonic and he just keeps going...like those bunnies on that old duracell batteries ad.

cheers lads
    to answer how long it took
    i lost time in between laps as after lap 1 i had to wait for other runners and after lap 2 i took a few min to have a sports drink and nutrigrain
    but the actual laps took
    1:15 for the first lap
    1:18 for the second ,Sosa has a garmin so it was 9.5miles at 8:28 per mile
    1:25?? for the third, give or take a min or two. i didnt time the third and had to try work it out when i finished
    the hardest part was the extra mileage on the gym threadmill

so roughly 8:30am to 1:00pm

4 mile recovery run
    felt remarkably fresh on this run with only some slight stiffness in the legs, i expected to be a lot worse after yesterday run but thankfully i felt grand.
    not sure how this week will play out
    i plan on keeping the amount of miles similar to recent weeks and having back to back LSR's on the weekend incorporating the dungarvan 10 into sundays run.
    then i will drop back the mileage for a week before i have two hard weeks/one easy
    that will bring me up to the 1st of march 3 weeks before the ultra , not sure how to approach the taper but i have plenty of time to think about it

legs felt fine on monday but in general i felt tired so decided on a rest day didnt realise how much i needed it untill i took it
    yesterday was a 10 mile run nothing special just getting the miles in
    today im will prob be out twice im off to meet Sosa now and out again later all being well

6 miles with Sosa lovely morning for a run
    will see how the afternoon pans out

• Advertisement

afternoons run was going to be 10 but due to time constraints it was reduced to 6

Advertisement