Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

10 miles earlier nothing to note about the run apart from it being a lot windier out than i thought
    happy with this week as im feeling good after the weekend i wasnt sure if the 30 would knock me back for a few days but so far so good

i was going to do the winter league this evening but after this mornings 10 miler i decided not to push hard in the league and went for a slow 6 with a friend of mine
    tommorrow is a rest day and not a day too soon as i felt a little sore at the base of my right thigh , nothing that a days rest wont solve i think

this mornings 10/15 mile run turned in to a 6 mile run for a couple of reasons mainly because i was shattered , just felt drained .
    secondly i could feel a niggle on the thigh muscle above my right knee, nothing too bad but that with feeling tired and a heavy day tommorrow i decided to cut my run short, ice my knee and be fresh tommorrow.
    i feel great now prob just needed something to eat as i would have being running on a empty stomach.
    the plan tommorrow is a run of 15/20 early in the morning home for food/drink then off to dungarvan

did 15 early this morning, it was a surreal but enjoyable run i was on the road at 6:50 am so it was pitch dark but as i was running the sun was slowly but surely making an appearance.
    there was no one on the road when i was starting but as i was finishing back in the middle of waterford the city was waking up really good/strange to see.
    i did the 15 as i want to have something left for dungarvan and that will still be 25 for the day.
    not sure how im going to approach dungarvan i was thinking 8 min miles as thats the pace i was planning on for connemara but if i feel good i might push on a bit.
    i suppose i will just have to wait and see

after this mornings 15 i went home had my breakfast and got ready for dungarvan .
    3 of us went up, myself Sosa and another friend
    really good race well organised but god was i cold before and after. during the race was grand but 2 minutes after the finish i was shaking again.
    the showers and unlimited supply of tea biscuits brack and sandwiches were like food from the gods as i was absolutely starving.
    all in all a great day with all 3 of us getting what we wanted
    i finished in 67:40, i thought about 80 but felt good so wanted to go under 70
    Sosa broke 65
    and my friend broke 80
    we also met Showry and Abhainn great to meet the lads and have a chat
    myself and Abhainn will hopefully be meeting up again in march all things going according to plan so it was good to put a face to the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭papamike

Cheers for the post on my log SUNGOD. You are doing some major running yourself including an impressive session today. Good time for the race. You must be well set up for the Ultra at this stage. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Great days training SUNGOD was keeping an eye out but did'nt spot ya, didn't hang around the finish straigh back to the hall an buried me face in a place of sandwiches and brack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i finished in 67:40,

Is that just under 6.40 pace? For miles 15-25? Fairly impressive. Yourself and Abhainn sound very strong with all the miles. Ye should have a good lash at some shorter stuff once recovered from the ultra (although I'd say ye'll both be driving straight on for the sub 3...

Thinking about the ultra, 8 min pace - is that around 5.10? If so, 4.59.59 must be the tantalising target?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Is that just under 6.40 pace? For miles 15-25? Fairly impressive. Yourself and Abhainn sound very strong with all the miles. Ye should have a good lash at some shorter stuff once recovered from the ultra (although I'd say ye'll both be driving straight on for the sub 3...

Thinking about the ultra, 8 min pace - is that around 5.10? If so, 4.59.59 must be the tantalising target?

you might as well have said 'i dare ya...'

hi RF im trying not to think too much about time/pace for the ultra but as it's getting closer and the training is progressing(especially a good day last sunday) im starting to come around to the idea of trying for the 5 hour mark.
    4:59:59 would be 7:37 per mile
    i would be confident of completeing the first 26.2 in 7:30 min miles and then see if i can keep it up for the last 13.1.
    if i can then great but if im slipping outside the 5 hour mark i may slow to try enjoy the run in as 5:01 , 5:11 or 5:21 would not make a huge difference to me in my first (maybe only) ultra

• Advertisement

ike wrote: »
    Great days training SUNGOD was keeping an eye out but did'nt spot ya, didn't hang around the finish straigh back to the hall an buried me face in a place of sandwiches and brack.

pity i missed ya ike i was up to eyes in brack as well, absolutely lovely

really didnt want to run this morning but forced myself out for a slow 10 mile and by the last 3 i was really enjoying it.
    as they say the biggest hurdle in a lot of run's is often the front door
    feeling great after it so might even chance another couple of miles later

slow 6 miles with a friend this evening felt very comfortable as the pace was nice and handy

total miles:325
    idea robbed from slogger's log
    just in case post/miles get lost in 1000 challenge thread....each mile is so precious

6 mile run with sosa , just over 7:30 min mile's felt very comfortable at this pace , i will try do some longer runs at this pace ideally it would be my race pace for connemara

total miles:331

8 miles last night including the 5.2 winter league
    didnt push myself in the league so was down a few min, finished in 36:30
    not sure what to do today the plan is 2 long runs between now and monday so that would usually be sat/sun but if i get time i might run today and tommorrow and rest sunday

total miles : 339

16 mile run
    great run this morning in perfect conditions, cold but dry and sunny.
    i love running on these kind of mornings
    i went with Sosa and another friend and went around in just over 8:15 min miles.

total miles : 355

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great running Sungod, Sosa and friend.

thanks SJ , some difference running this morning compared to yesterday morning. this morning was awful raining,cold,windy.
    just did 6 this morning i was going to do 10+ but even though this week is a fall back week this mornings run put me over the 50+ miles for the week which is plenty.
    the next 2 weeks will be hard then 1 easy week

total miles : 361

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Strangely good running conditions here this morning. Gentle falling snow onto snowy backroads. Great for running on, not so good for driving on.

14 miles with Sosa this morning, its not my usual route but is well worth doing as it passes through a lovely part of waterford unfortunately lovely also means hilly.
    but still a very enjoyable run i felt strong throughout and upped the pace on the hills something i havent done in a while and proves to me im getting back to my best.
    7:25 pace which when you factor in the hills is a good mornings work

total miles : 375

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

SUNGOD wrote: »
    it passes through a lovely part of waterford

I assume you mean West Waterford and not de ciddy :)

showry wrote: »
    I assume you mean West Waterford and not de ciddy :)

ah i cant fool you showry as you know waterford too well :D
    as lovely as west waterford is it was actually out towards dunmore east past clohernagh great view over looking the sand hills and back strand of tramore and back in the airport road.
    as most of my runs are in the city this made a welcome change
    you dont know how lucky you are in the "west"

monday pm : 6 mile run
    tuesday am : 6 mile run

after monday morning's 14 i went out again with a couple of friends from the leisure center.not sure about pace but it was quicker then the 14 so im guessing 7:00-7:15 pace.
    this morning run was with Sosa at 7:47 pace
    im out again this evening for a few miles

total miles : 387

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD I guess you aren't married! Thank God I don't live near you, poor SOSA;)
    You must be clock 80 miles + these weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Thank God I don't live near you, poor SOSA;)

was thinkin that meself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Abhainn wrote: »
    SUNGOD I guess you aren't married! Thank God I don't live near you, poor SOSA;)
    You must be clock 80 miles + these weeks

No, he's not ...and i am !

I'm going to start putting a " do not disturb " sign on the front door !
    But that won't even keep him away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Sosa wrote: »
    No, he's not ...and i am !

I'm going to start putting a " do not disturb " sign on the front door !
    But that won't even keep him away !
    You could always run away, but guess he might run after you.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

shels4ever wrote: »
    You could always run away, but guess he might run after you.... ;)

He would actually love that ....give me a head start aswell :eek:

ah lads you have me all wrong , im a firm beleiver in karma and Sosa is only paying for his sins in a former life.

Abhainn your right im not married i would'nt get away with this if i was or maybe she would be hunting me out the door as i can be pretty annoying when i put my mind to it:D
    this week all going to plan i will have my highest total ..somewhere between 80 to 90 miles

at the minute im thinking of a fartlek game to play with Sosa(he might kill me) where when 2 or more go for a run each will have 2(more or less depending on the length of run and number's of runners) "fartlek calls".
    so ye are running 6 miles ye do a slow half mile before ye start the game and the game must be finished with a half mile to go.
    its simple i have a call then Sosa and so on.
    i dont know if Sosa's call will be sprint/5mile pace/marathon pace etc or the length 100 meters/half mile or pick a lampost etc untill he shouts it and vice versa.
    its just a way to get in a good run of varying speeds and have a bit of crack as well.

tonights run was 6 miles again. im planning on two 6's tommorrow as well

total miles:393

• Advertisement

wednesday am : 6 mile run

total miles: 399

Advertisement