Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

399 could you not have dragged out another 1 - I bet Woddle would! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ike wrote: »
    399 could you not have dragged out another 1 - I bet Woddle would! :D

it was only a matter of time ike:D

wednesday pm : 6 mile run

total miles : 405

thursday pm 16 mile run

i wanted to run long but i also wanted to do the winter league as it was the last night.
    so i did a 5 mile warm up on the way to the league
    the league itself, 5.2 miles in 34:25 @ 6 :34 min miles
    and then 6 miles warm down back to gym for sauna etc

today is a well earned rest day before the weekend
    the plan is to do a 5 mile race about 12 miles from where myself and Sosa live and then we will run home after it, thats 17 for saturday

sunday i will prob be on my own so hopefully 20

total miles:421

I got a cramp just reading that....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

53 miles in 3 sessions over 4 days?! Barmy! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

today was one of my hardest days training
    the plan was for myself and Sosa to get a lift to Dunhill to run in the Ann valley 5 mile race and then run straight back via the main road (approx 12 miles home).
    also as the race is one of the hilliest around we said we would take our time and pace ourselves for the run home.

firstly we both went much quicker than we should have, i did the 5 miles in 31:07 @ 6:13 pace and Sosa was about 40 seconds behind me.

secondly we decided to avoid the main road and run back over the hilly course to Annstown on to Fenor and in to Tramore and on to Waterford.
    which ment from dunhill to my door was 17 miles with the first 8 being hilly.

so today was 22 miles in total , 5 miles speed/hill work followed by a 17 mile LSR
    remind me never to mix speed with LSR in the one session i was wrecked after the effort of the 5 mile race so the long run became even harder with the last couple of miles after me and Sosa had parted company were very very tough.
    i reckon tommorrow run will either be curtailed or cancelled :D

total miles : 443

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

You are flying, fair play keeping it all together and a great time and all but come on poor Sosa :D

hi woddle i think Sosa is going to kill me :D

today LSR 's was cancelled due to being stiff and sore after yesterdays training.
    this morning i went for 5k on the threadmill in gym , very slow just to loosen up the legs.
    im not feeling too bad now so im going to head for a 4 mile run nice and slow just to recover from yesterday and keep everything moving and loose.

5k (3.1 mile) + 4 mile =7.1 miles

total miles : 450

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD yesterday was great stuff for you. I don't know how you combined race and LSR.

Abhainn wrote: »
    SUNGOD yesterday was great stuff for you. I don't know how you combined race and LSR.

hi Abhainn its not something i would do again, maybe a light short jog as a warm up or cool down to a race .
    but not 17 miles after a tough hilly 5 mile race.
    looking back it was a bit foolish but i suppose it will stand to me.
    enjoy your weekend at the wedding , the break will be good for you after the hard training you've been putting in recently.

just reading back over my log , last week was my most mileage since i started running with 89.1 miles

• Advertisement

Thats only about 20 less than I drove! :D

ike wrote: »
    Thats only about 20 less than I drove! :D

i like the way your thinking ike
    now if i switch from lucozade sport to green diesel i wonder how many miles i could do???

first run since sunday
    i did 12 miles with Sosa , really needed this run but i could still feel saturday's effort in my legs for the first half.
    started to get easier as the run went on but i will not be combining a race/LSR again as it really knocked the life out of me.

total miles : 462

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Lesson learnt hopefully. No teacher like experience...I think people underestimate how much races take out of them.

. No teacher like experience....

couldnt agree more RF, deffinitely a mistake myself or Sosa will be repeating again

SUNGOD wrote: »
    couldnt agree more RF, deffinitely a mistake myself or Sosa will be repeating again

that was supposed to say "WILL NOT" be repeating again.

i did 6 miles this morning with Sosa. lovely morning for a run, felt good to get out as i havent done a great deal this week.
    im back out again for 6 in a little while

total miles : (including this evenings 6) 474 miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

I think people underestimate how much races take out of them.

Oh yeah...The Dungarvan 10 wiped me out aswell recently...last Saturday was one of the more stupid things i have done...no idea what we were thinking !

We will no doubt talk about this in years to come and have a laugh about it...but we were not laughing on the way home last Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

nutters the both of ye! Although you couldn't go too far wrong with having someone like SUNGOD knocking on the door looking for someone to play... methinks the man is lonely.......;)

MCOS wrote: »
    nutters the both of ye! Although you couldn't go too far wrong with having someone like SUNGOD knocking on the door looking for someone to play... methinks the man is lonely.......;)

Sosa knows even if he moves house or goes into the witness protection programme ...i will find him:D

26 miles this morning
    it was a great morning for it, no wind ,clear skies ,sun shining perfect running conditions.
    i did 10 miles on my own then 16 with a friend
    the run felt like it was in 3 parts
    part one was the 10 on my own, during which i felt great, full of life
    part two was the first 6 or the 16 with my friend, during this i felt ok but starting to tire.
    part three was the last 10 miles , i felt tired,sore,stiff and just not a happy camper with the last 2 miles down to a crawl.
    but its done now and after a sauna/jacuzzi and food i feel resonably ok again.
    next week is my last week before the taper....THANK GOD;)

total miles:500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sungod, you are an example to all of us (a bad example :)). Seriously though, fair play to your commitment and congrats on reaching that training milestone for the year.

Sungod, you are an example to all of us (a bad example :)). Seriously though, fair play to your commitment and congrats on reaching that training milestone for the year.

thanks SJ your not too bad yourself . and i mean that in a manly, eating snickers and chopping down trees with your bare hands kinda way:D

im a wuss really as i run mainly on the flat, not sre if i would be able for all those hills yourself and DP train in.

wont be long till your hitting the 500 yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

well done SG,half way there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Well done Sungod on reaching 500. Bet when you started this running lark, you never thought you'd be running a marathon IN TRAINING!!!

Well done Sungod on reaching 500. Bet when you started this running lark, you never thought you'd be running a marathon IN TRAINING!!!

yeah DP its mad when ya think about it :eek:
    thats why i try not to think too much about it:D

went to kilmac for a 5 mile road race this morning ,it was a great morning for it with perfect running conditions.
    i was not going to push myself too hard and had thought about 7 min miles. as it turned out i ended up running with a couple of older men who wanted to stay at 7 min miles or just over so it worked out for the 3 of us.
    i didnt get the time as i came in but as far as i know i was just under or just over 35 minutes
    results are up i finished in 36 minutes

total miles:505

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

nice to meet you again today SG,
    some running for the day after running a marathon, you earned that cake sham

the last few runs ive done ive noticed a discomfort in my right leg which hasnt been too bad and ive managed to run/stretch it out.
    but after resting on monday i went for a 6 mile run last night and had to stop after a mile or two.
    my right calf just seized up and my left shin was throbbing, talk about a double whammy.
    i stopped but could not stretch it out of my legs so walked back.
    i have no sorenoss now so i think its just a combination of the fact that this has only flared up since i changed from my trusty asic's to a pair of nike that i only bought because they were on sale and the amount of miles im doing at the moment.
    so im off to buy a pair of asics, im resting today and im booked in to the physio tommorrow, i could do with a good rub down anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Well SUNGOD hoping its just a niggle. I'm hoping you will get me round !

With all the weeks of untroubled sessions behind us I had another uncharacteristic fall yesterday. Just 1/4 mile from finishing going at a good pace I turned on my ankle and fell straight on my cuts from Monday again. Theye were unbandaged so you can imagine how sore it was. Lucky ankle is ok.

hi Abhainn looks like we are trying to make the run in to the ultra as hard as possible for ourselves.
    went to the phtsio today and it looks like its worse then i thought.
    it turns out the right calf is damaged and swollen, it felt as hard as a rock but i had hoped it was'nt that bad, and the left shin is damaged as well.
    the upshot is 2 weeks rest , hot and cold tonight then heat and stretch as much as possible untill im back with him on tuesday.
    its far from ideal but nothing i can do about it now only get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

Tough break - hopefully you'll get some better news on your return to the physio on Tuesday. Any cross-training plans for the next few days, or will you go with total rest?

Advertisement