Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Kudos Sungod, its been great to follow your journey on this log.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Well done SUNGOD - delighted you did so well what with the injury and all, a top ten finish is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

well, done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

well done sungod...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done Sungod. Super time, sorry I didn't get to meet you, I was a bag of nerves on Sunday morning anyway and not very talkative. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ok so im back running after connemara
    so far ive managed two 4 mile runs and i have just finished a 6 miler this evening.
    the 6 miler started slow and got slower i can still really feel the ultra in the legs.
    the plan is maybe 3/4 runs a week for the next few weeks to ease myself into it.
    i was going to run in the splashworld 10k in tramore on sunday and i will make a call closer to the day. i know i will have difficulty just trotting around the course and i dont want to do anything too strenuous for a few weeks .

total miles : 606.3

two more runs since last post
    one 6 mile run and one 5 mile run
    nothing really to report only they were very slow runs i just dont have the speed in the legs at the moment.
    i know as i get back running regularily i will gradually increase the pace on certain runs and my speed will return, but it is a little frustrating knowing im so much slower then my fastest times.
    that would be the only minus on the ultra training for me sacrificing real speed/pace for strength/stamina but hopefully with a bit of effort it wont be long returning

total miles:617.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

slowly slowly catchee monkey!

ike wrote: »
    slowly slowly catchee monkey!

:D:D

friday 10k
    saturday 10 mile
    i ran the splashworld 10k course on friday evening with a friend of mine its a tough course with a couple of nice hills .
    but of course for every uphill there is a downhill and it does have a fast finish to it.
    im going to run this in the morning but i will be running to enjoy rather then post a time.

this morning i did 10 miles in the glorious sunshine , great morning for a run and really enjoyed it.

total miles: 633.5

• Advertisement

i ran the splashworld 10k yesterday in 41:30
    im very happy with this as even though its way off my PB its the fastest ive run in training or race in a few months .
    it was a tough 10k with a couple of hills and it was a warm day.
    i slowed badly on the last hill but ran my fastest 2km at the end.
    i have plenty of stamina just need to work on my speed

total miles:639.5

6 mile run today
    first 3 were very wind which i hate running in but the last 3 were pleasent enough and enjoyable.
    i didnt run yesterday and after todays run i was happy i didnt.
    i could still feel some stiffness after the 10k on sunday
    6 weeks till i start my berlin training

total miles:645.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

I was just going to give you a call to see if you wanted to go...
    Will catch up with you later in the week.

9.5 miles yesterday
    nothing to report really .
    the next couple of weeks will just be about getting back running regularly and building up a consistent weekly mileage.

total miles:655 miles

6 miles in poor conditions

total miles:661

6 mile run with a friend on thursday night
    and a 6 mile run with Sosa last night

total miles:673

6 miles this morning

my posts are getting a bit predictable:D

total miles:679

4 mile run last night
    6 mile run tonight

nothing to report just trying to get the miles in and get a weekly base mileage up and just enjoy running

total miles: 689miles

thursday 6 mile run
    friday rest
    saturday 6 mile run

total miles:701

9.6 miles @ 7:21 min mile
    without doubt the most enjoyable run ive had since connemara.
    i went with Sosa early this morning, just under the 10 mile in glorius sunny conditions.
    i felt comfortable throughout and we pushed on towards the end with the last 3 miles probably been our fastest.
    really good to get a good run under my belt and to feel strong throughout.
    feel great now , starting to get the appetite back for running as the last few weeks have felt like a chore.

total miles: 710.6

• Advertisement

4 slow miles to recover from yesterday
    a smashing evening for a recovery run,sunny, no wind.

total miles:714.6

the weather at the moment just makes it a pleasure to be out running.
    9.6 miles in glorious sunshine
    the plan is to start an 18 week marathon training programme on the 18th may
    im going to be following the P&D up to 70 miles per week and the main difference with my training for this marathon is im going to be training with my club for their speed sessions.
    i never paid much attention to speed work so hopefully this will help my training .

total:724.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Hi sundog, sounds like you got your mojo back! it's gonna be great to have the summer to train through! What made you choose the P&D over the other plans? Does it have any specific stand out sessions?

asimonov wrote: »
    Hi sundog,?

ive been called worse:D

hi asimonov
    i picked the P&D up to 70 mile plan mainly as a change , i used hal higdon for my first 2 marathons and kinda winged it on my third.
    i need to follow a programme or i will run an awful lot of junk miles something im becoming more aware of.
    on the higdon plans i just ran the miles and raced the races , what i mean is i did no specific speed/tempo work. this is something i want to put right on this plan.
    im looking at Sosa who is running with a lot more purpose then me with specific pace/tempo to his runs, and this is something i should be doing.
    but like i said im just running at the moment and the training starts next month

4 miles last night
    first mile easy middle two quickened to sub 7 and last mile easy.
    a mini tempo session.

total miles:728.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Thanks slumgod.
    I've ordered the p&d book last night, at the moment I like the simplicity of the higdon plans, but I'll have a read and see, don't have to make a call on it yet. Enjoy your base training!

asimonov wrote: »
    Thanks slumgod.
    !

ah bless your cotton socks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Are you running Butlerstown tomorrow night SG?

showry wrote: »
    Are you running Butlerstown tomorrow night SG?

hi showry i was'nt planning on running tonight and dont realy feel prepared but the more i think about it i think i probabily will take part.
    its only 5 minutes from my front door and it would serve as a fast run,something im lacking at the minute.
    see ya there showry

6 mile run last night

total miles:734.2

• Advertisement

butlerstown 10k
    i had not planned on running and only decided to do so yesterday morning.
    glad now that i did , tough enough course 3 laps which had everything fast down hill ,tough climb and a long straight.
    didnt really prepare for the race as like i said i only commited to it at the last minute but still very happy to go sub 40 for the first time this year.39:30.
    this is 2 minutes faster overall and 20 seconds a mile quicker than the splashworld 10k a few weeks ago so its great to see an improvement.

total :740.4

Advertisement