Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Delighted to see you getting your speed back, well done on your sub 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

SUNGOD wrote: »
    butlerstown 10k

this is 2 minutes faster overall and 20 seconds a mile quicker than the splashworld 10k a few weeks ago so its great to see an improvement.

total :740.4

good on ya sungod, it bodes well for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thanks lads

9.6 miles this morning
    i had a 5/6 mile slow/recovery run planned but i ran with a friend of mine and we kept going passed the 5 mile turn off so ended up doing 9.6.
    felt good up untill 7 miles , tired a lot over the last couple of miles but otherwise i feel quite good.

total miles: 750 miles

9.6 miles with Sosa this morning

weekly mileage:49 miles

total miles:759.6 miles

had intended doing a tempo run with Sosa early this morning but when i got up my legs were very stiff after the 10k and 2 x 9.6 mile runs over the weekend.
    so i decided to cancel the tempo and see how i felt later in the day, now if this was a few months ago i would have ran regardless of how i felt so i think im finally listening to my body and being a lot more sensible in my training.
    as it turned out i felt great as the day wore on and went for leisurely 6 miles with a couple of mates in the afternoon.

total miles: 765.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

now if this was a few months ago i would have ran regardless of how i felt so i think im finally listening to my body and being a lot more sensible in my training.

Getting sense in your old age, SG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

tis gone very quiet in here totch, whats happening?

Why have you a + next to your name ?
    You can see it when you look at the list of people online ....

Sosa wrote: »
    Why have you a + next to your name ?
    You can see it when you look at the list of people online ....

because im special?

due to calf and back problems i have only had 3 runs since i last posted
    2 x 6 miles and today i was supposed to run another 6 but had to cut it short to 4 as my calfs were tightening up but what stopped me was a pain across my lower back but mainly on my left hand side which increases as i run but stops when i stop.
    very frustrating ,i had something similar a few years ago diagnosed as a inflammed muscle pressing on my sciatic nerve.
    im not sure if this the same . either way im going to rest and see how it pans out

total miles:781.6

• Advertisement

http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/flexibilityexercises/ss/LowBackStretch_2.htm

try these ...you might need to stretch out your back before you run.
    When i started running i was getting lower back pain and used these for a while and the problem went away.

first run in ten days ended up doing 4 miles, thought the rest would sort out my back
    ive been stretching and useing heat on it and it seemed to be working
    i have no discomfort or pain(it only hurt when i ran) so i decided on a slow few miles this evening.
    i was ok till mile 2 when the pain in my lower back returned very uncomfortable and makes running impossible.
    strangely the pain is gone as soon as i stop.
    looks like an enforced and maybe prolonged rest is due i will of course be visiting a physio as well but i think its rest he will prescribe.
    its getting to the point that if its not resolved soon my plans for the rest of the year will be in doubt

total miles:785.6

first run in ten days ended up doing 4 miles, thought the rest would sort out my back
    ive been stretching and useing heat on it and it seemed to be working
    i have no discomfort or pain(it only hurt when i ran) so i decided on a slow few miles this evening.
    i was ok till mile 2 when the pain in my lower back returned very uncomfortable and makes running impossible.
    strangely the pain is gone as soon as i stop.
    looks like an enforced and maybe prolonged rest is due i will of course be visiting a physio as well but i think its rest he will prescribe.
    its getting to the point that if its not resolved soon my plans for the rest of the year will be in doubt

total miles:785.6

More reason to get it resolved sooner than later, are you sure a physio is the right person to see? You must be going mental not being able to run after being so committed to it for so long...do you cycle or swim?

i ran my first pain free run in nearly two months on friday , it was only 3k on the treadmill but it felt great just to be able to run .
    went for another 5k in the gym today and felt great thank god , no soreness or discomfort.
    im amazed how quickly the time has gone and how easy it is to get used to inactivity, even today i was going to put off the 5k till tommorrow out of pure laziness.
    the rest/break for running has done me good as it has made me realise i dont need to punish myself and run myself into the ground and i can get better results by training a lot smarter with more focus on quality rather then one paced quality runs.
    the main downside of my inactivity apart from lost fitness is the weight i have gained in the last few weeks(tend to pig out when not training) but that should right itself over the next few weeks.
    the plan for the rest of the week is just a few more runs in the gym and hopefully head back outside next week.

total miles:790.6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

He lives!
    Good to have you back SG, we need someone to give Sosa a bit of competition given my complete failure to do so. Mind yourself.

No no no! This does not fit with my 1,000 mile challenge plan. Are you sure you're ready??

Welcome back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

i ran my first pain free run in nearly two months on friday.........

Good to have you back, buddy, safe return.
    .........i dont need to punish myself and run myself into the ground and i can get better results by training a lot smarter with more focus on quality rather then one paced quality runs.

Amen to that, so much potential, let's see the most of it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

asimonov wrote: »
    No no no! This does not fit with my 1,000 mile challenge plan. Are you sure you're ready??

Welcome back :-)

Glad to see you back :D and with just the mile seperating us in the 1000 mile challenge, don't try to chase me, remember your just getting back into it :D

i ran my first pain free run in nearly two months on friday , it was only 3k on the treadmill but it felt great just to be able to run .
    went for another 5k in the gym today and felt great thank god , no soreness or discomfort.
    im amazed how quickly the time has gone and how easy it is to get used to inactivity, even today i was going to put off the 5k till tommorrow out of pure laziness.
    the rest/break for running has done me good as it has made me realise i dont need to punish myself and run myself into the ground and i can get better results by training a lot smarter with more focus on quality rather then one paced quality runs.
    the main downside of my inactivity apart from lost fitness is the weight i have gained in the last few weeks(tend to pig out when not training) but that should right itself over the next few weeks.
    the plan for the rest of the week is just a few more runs in the gym and hopefully head back outside next week.

total miles:790.6

Welcome back partner.....wont be long now and you'll be skipping past me again
    We will organise somethng soon...

thanks lads good to be back
    i think ye are safe on the 1000 mile challenge i will post my miles but im not going to be as obsessed

5 mile run on gym treadmill last night everything went good no pain or discomfort so i think as long as im sensible i should be ok.
    i might do one more gym run before i head back outside not too sure .
    i wont look at training plans for a couple of weeks and even when i do they will start handy enough.

total miles:795.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I'd better start clocking up more miles on the 1000 mile challenge now as I see your back in town:D
    Welcome back man

first road run early since injury earlier today
    4 miles with Sosa and a couple of friends, lovely run with no ill effects so hopefully injury is completely healed.
    looking forward to a few nice runs during the week

total miles: 799.6

I felt you were kinda pushing on a bit this morning...
    old habits i suppose :D

Sosa wrote: »
    I felt you were kinda pushing on a bit this morning...
    old habits i suppose :D

i was only injured........im still the same little s**t i always was:D

4 mile run in very hot conditions
    the run went well but the heat really drained me

total miles:803.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

4 mile run in very hot conditions
    the run went well but the heat really drained me

total miles:803.6

Yeah that dead heat was a killer today still getting the miles in on them tough days is what builds character. Keep it up:D

hi ecoli it was even hotter today:D

5.5 miles in very hot conditions
    good run but the heat was a killer, if its this hot on thursday i will prob wait till later in the evening

total miles:809.1

another 5 miles today again in very hot weather
    i went with Sosa and throughly enjoyed the run but tired badly in the last couple of miles.
    it was around 7:50 pace so i only have to go a minute a mile quicker and tack on another 21.2 miles!!! :D

total miles: 814.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Welcome back SUNGOD, good to have you around again

• Advertisement

thanks MCOS
    today i went for a 6 mile LSR!!!
    ok it wasnt very long but it was slow and it felt like a 20 miler.

total miles:820.1

Advertisement