Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

another 6 miles this evening
    i went with Sosa and another mate of ours, enjoyable run in the rain
    i felt wrecked after a half mile but slowly got into it , i quickened for a few yards a couple of times during the run just to see how i felt and thankfully i felt ok ...apart from being breathless but thats to be expected.
    feeling a bit stiff now but otherwise im grand.

total miles:826.1

5 miles thia morning with Sosa in ideal running conditions
    first run since tuesday purely down to laziness as physically/injury wise im fine.
    really enjoyed the run and felt really great after a sauna and shower so hopefully im starting to turn the corner and get my head around been back marathon training .
    will run again over the weekend and hopefully kick on next week

total miles:831.1

6 miles in the rain
    nice run, felt a little stiff/weary after yesterdays run but came around after a mile or two.

total miles:837.1

stuggled all day to find the motivation to go for a run and must have put it off at least four times thinking " i'll go when it brightens up" or " i'll go as soon as judge judy passes judegment".
    so i eventually gave myself a stern talking to and headed out for a run this evening .
    i ended up doing 4 miles on the road and .9 on the treadmill back in the leisure centre(just to round up my total miles).
    it was a mini tempo as i tried to do the last two thirds of the four miler quicker then the first third and i used the .9 in the gym to cool down.
    not a great run but just happy i got myself out there

total miles:842

6 miles this evening
    got through it ok but i still find it a little bit too warm for running as the dead heat makes me very tired.
    still its another 6 under the belt .

total miles:848

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Welcome back big guy!

Any chance you'd run the 5 miler in Dungarvan on Fri evening - reckon I need to get you at your worse to have a chance :D

ike wrote: »
    Welcome back big guy!

Any chance you'd run the 5 miler in Dungarvan on Fri evening - reckon I need to get you at your worse to have a chance :D

in fairness ike with the sessions your putting in lately you'd give me a run for my money even if i was at my best.
    have you run the GSK before ?its a really good race well organised, fast course and plenty of brack afterwards.......what else would you expect from showrys gang:D

best of luck friday i reckon there will be a good few boardsies at it.

6 mile run this evening...uneventful just getting the miles in.

total miles:854

friday the 10th 10 steady miles

today 10 slow miles with Sosa and a couple of friends nothing major just getting the miles in, feels great to be back up to ten miles again.
    rest day tommorrow .

total week:36

total miles:874

i missed the last 9 days with a slight pull in my hip/arse that was not running related but stopped me from training.
    went for 6 miles tonight but had to cut it short to 4 miles as i was stiff/uncomfortable i had to stop on a couple of occasions to stretch and still felt wrecked after the 4 miles,
    im not getting any kind of run of training at the moment i cant remember when i actually got a couple of weeks consistant running under my belt.
    its a pain as each time i go back running i feel like im starting from scratch or have slipped even further behind.
    fingers crossed this is the start of some consistancy.

total miles:878

not a great morning for a run but during the actual run the rain wasnt too bad even though it was lashing down before and after.
    did 5.4 miles with Sosa , very enjoyable with no stiffness thank god.
    i reckon yesterdays run helped to loosen me out after 9 days of inactivity and the stretching and deep heat before the run also did the trick.

total miles:883.4

• Advertisement

4 easy miles this morning

total miles:887.4

since last post ive done 3 x 6 mile runs
    nothing spectacular just 3 nice handy runs.
    also did a quick 5k in the park, not timed but without doubt the quickest ive run in a long time i was gagging for air at the end of it.

total miles for week:34.5

total miles:908.5

one 4 mile and one 6 mile run so far this week

total miles:918.5

even though ive known for a while and have even discussed it with Sosa this is my first time posting that any chance i had for a sub 3 are well and truly over, for this year anyway.
    i went for a 10 mile run this morning and struggled around i had to tell my two running partners to go ahead as i was only holding them up and the pace was by no means fast.
    just a combination of a couple of slow to heal injuries and lack of running have resulted in a loss of fitness ,
    i still have at least a stone to lose all over again which is not helping but i will get there.
    all going to plan i will still do dublin but it will be an enjoyable leisureily trot.
    im forgetting completeily about time for the forseeable future and just going to go for handy runs till i feel my fitness coming back.

total miles:928.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Hi SUNGOD, Think we've all been there at sometime, just coming out of a bad spell myself. Give yourself a bit of easy running time, forget about time, distance and pace, you will eventually find the grove again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Hey there SUNGOD, very sorry to hear about your recent injuries and their effect on your training but I'm sure it wont take you long to get back flying. Suppose try to enjoy your running at the moment, it could always be worse, could be like myself not being able to do anything.

thanks gerard im starting to get back in to it thank god

thanks token56 sorry to hear about your out of action at the moment , is it a long term injury? hopefully you will be back sooner rather then later

two 6 mile runs and one 4 mile run since last post

total miles:944.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Good to see your on the way back SUN OF THE GODS

good to be on the way back joe, i want to be fighting fit for next march when im running with you and julian again:D

lovely 10 miles with Sosa this morning very enjoyable

total milea:954.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

SUNGOD wrote: »
    thanks token56 sorry to hear about your out of action at the moment , is it a long term injury? hopefully you will be back sooner rather then later
    total miles:944.5

Unfortunately I've been out for 6+ months and yet to still to get to the root of the problem, but hopefully one or two more scans will show something, but thats life I guess. Anyway sounds like you're starting to enjoy your training again which is good, and best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that token56 hopefully the scans will get to the root of the problem.

8 miles with Sosa this morning

total miles:962.5

good to be on the way back joe, i want to be fighting fit for next march when im running with you and julian again:D

Yes you and me will definately take him next time ;)

Oh its April next year

im entered and all i better not arrive a month early:D

1 x 4 and 1 x 6 since last post

total miles:972.5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Abhainn wrote: »

Oh its April next year

Isn't it usually in April?

Can't wait for next year, this year, for me was purely to see if I could do the distance. I could. Hopefully, this year with a decent level of training I can knock a large, large chunk off my time. We'll have to actually say hello this time Sungod!! 239 days to go. :D

Isn't it usually in April?

Can't wait for next year, this year, for me was purely to see if I could do the distance. I could. Hopefully, this year with a decent level of training I can knock a large, large chunk off my time. We'll have to actually say hello this time Sungod!! 239 days to go. :D

i think your right RQ it was just this year it was march and its usually march.
    looking forward to it..promise to give a "anyone from boards" roar at the pre race

5 slow miles today

total miles:977.5

6 miles this morning, 6 yesterday with Sosa and 3 x 4 mile runs since last saturday...total of 24 miles

total miles:1000.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Congrats on the 1000 sungod and that was despite your injuries, can't wait to start reading about your racing exploits again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

SUNGOD wrote: »
    6 miles this morning, 6 yesterday with Sosa and 3 x 4 mile runs since last saturday...total of 24 miles

total miles:1000.3

Good man SG, won't be long before you're putting manners on people again ;)

Good man SUNGOD. Now when is you next challenge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

well done sungod....

Advertisement