Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great running SG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Well done. Worth waiting for I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thanks lads

first run in ten days due to a back problem...4 slow miles
    hopefully this is the end of it now as i am still hoping to do dublin(leisurely) and need to start getting some miles in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Well done on the 1000 SG, late by your high standards but sur thats what injury does to you :rolleyes: I'm sure your lesiurely Dublin will be a scorcher in most books

thanks MCOS didnt think it would take me so long, i had 500 miles done by the end of feb.
    dublin will be very leisurely ...can you recommend any good books:D

last night ...6 miles

today..6 miles

• Advertisement

6 miles again tonight
    thats 4,6,6,6 so very happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ggood to see you back sg

just back on line, had a great weeks training the best in months
    40 miles in total...4,6,6,6,6,rest and a 12.4 @7:17 pace
    ran the 12.4 with Sosa as part of his 20. even though the 12.4 was more then double my longest run to date i felt remarkably good the entire run.
    looking forward to another good weeks running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Your back !

im a bit apprehensive about reopening this log as the last 2/3 times i have started it again i was re-injured within a week.
    but ive had 4 pain free runs recently including 60 on the treadmill this morning so i feel as if ive turned the corner .
    also when i looked at the logs my poor little log "run run run" was the very last log sitting at the bottom of page 6 just staring at me with those puppy dog eyes i just had to pick him up and carry him back to the top of page 1.
    my short term goals are just to get running regularly again and maybe start a 10k training plan.
    im not interested in racing again till next year so i will be giving the waterford ac winter league and half marathon a miss .
    i wont start any long runs till well after xmas when i will be starting training for the conn ultra again .i entered this directly after last years event and it was probabily the race i have enjoyed the most.
    after that i would love to get my times back to or under what the were last year in the local 5m/10k/10m races.
    if these go according to plan i will be starting a marathon plan for dublin it could work out perfect as myself and Sosa will be training together for this and will have the same goal time.
    due to my various hip/back problems ive been fairly inactive in the recent months but unfortunately ive been eating like a cyclist*
    so as well as training i will have to take a long hard look at my diet, i have 2 stone to shift all over again before i will get within an asses roar of any of my PB,s
    so all in all great to be back figers crossed its not another false dawn

*ref:showrys sean kelly cycle food stop photo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

ah sur if you get injured again in a week **crosses fingers for SG** just keep posting random stuff in your log as with or without running attached, its always entertaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Just want to say best of luck with your new training regime and I really hope for your sake you will stay injury free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Welcome back SUNGOD, your quite rightly taking the sensible approach and easing back into it...

Been pigging out on the cream cakes have we????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Best of luck Sungod.

It will only be a matter of time & you'll be back to hammering Sosa!

thanks lads.
    did 60 minutes on treadmill this morning really slow , im more concerned with spending time on my feet and getting my body used to running again rather then distance covered.
    did 10 min on bike and a good stretch before my run and i will be douing this for the forseeable future as it seems to be helping , previously i never warmed up before a run.
    i had the same attitude as the rugby player moss keane who said his warm up before matches was to have the heating on in the car on the way to the pitch.
    but the bike/stretych seems to really loosen up my back/hip so its here to stay

SUNGOD wrote: »
    im more concerned with spending time on my feet and getting my body used to running again rather then distance covered.

Hopefully this is the end of it now.
    We have planty of races in the new year...no shortage down these parts,we are lucky.

lovely 5 mile run with Sosa this morning just nice and handy which suited both of us for different reasons.
    really great to be able to just get the gear on and go for a run...im very happy in my nappy at the moment

really enjoyable 5 miles this morning it just feels great to be running again.
    a rest day tommorrow and then a lovely weeks running planned starting monday.. yippee!!

6 miles this morning with Sosa this was my longest run since my return from injury and i did tire towards the end but delighted to get it done. great to be running again with Sosa as the chat makes the miles fly by.
    i reckon if i was out doing 6 on my own this morning i would have felt it a lot more.
    hoping for 5/6 again tommorrow

6.5 miles last night...a very tiring run i was wrecked after it as the course went over 2 steep hills.
    i went with 3 others who are way ahead of me at present so i spent the entire run trying to just stay with them.
    between the hills and trying not to get left behind i was very happy to see the finish.

• Advertisement

SUNGOD wrote: »
    6.5 miles last night...a very tiring run i was wrecked after it as the course went over 2 steep hills.
    i went with 3 others who are way ahead of me at present so i spent the entire run trying to just stay with them.
    between the hills and trying not to get left behind i was very happy to see the finish.

I am clearly taking it easy on you then,you come in laughing and joking after our runs...i must make ammends for our next outing.
    If only the people on here knew what you did to me when i started off running...i am way to nice...time to change that

Sosa wrote: »
    I am clearly taking it easy on you then,you come in laughing and joking after our runs...i must make ammends for our next outing.
    If only the people on here knew what you did to me when i started off running...i am way to nice...time to change that

your to nice to treat me the way i treated you..............

5 mile run last night , i was under pressure most of the day so didnt managed to get a bite to eat till about an hour before my run which ment i was still tasting/digesting and burping all the way through the run..a horrible uncomfortable feeling

5 miles last night and 6 miles this morning with Sosa legs felt tired after 3 days running so im resting tommorrow
    looking forward to next week already

4 slow wet windy miles

im a day behind ..so to update
    1 x 5 mile run
    1 x 4 mile run wanted this to be longer but the wind drove me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

With weather such as we are having its hard to be upbeat about running in it, unless its all with a tailwind!

With weather such as we are having its hard to be upbeat about running in it, unless its all with a tailwind!

too true SJ i dont mind the rain but the wind murders me

5 handy miles again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I was messing about with youtube last night and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33nCbrAc8I

I did a second take at 3:50 in and I thought I recognised that dude in the black :D

Abhainn wrote: »
    I was messing about with youtube last night and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33nCbrAc8I

I did a second take at 3:50 in and I thought I recognised that dude in the black :D

thats me alright joe thanks for that
    i reckon thats half way through the half so prob about mile 34 for us ..well i really hope so cos i have a face on me like im after running 34 miles anyway:D

• Advertisement

5 miles tonight nice and steady

4 miles today, thursday .

Advertisement