Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

lovely 6 milles with Sosa and another chap this morning it was my first time doing what used to be my regular base route in a long time.
    plan is to up my shortest run from 4/5 to this 6 mile route

6 miles this morning, legs felt tired so taking a rest day tommorrow

so after a nightmare few months i think i have finally ended my injury jinx(fingers crossed).
    im back running since last week and have done one 3 mile and 2 four mile runs.
    second 4 mile run was early this morning.
    im completely pain free running now thank god, the plan is to stick to 4/5 miles for the time being and gradually build it up.
    for anyone who thinks ive been taking it easy when i havent been running i can tell ye the oppisite is true as for the last few months i have been intensely practising my carb loading so now i have two and half stone to lose all over again.
    i tend to eat better when im running and pig out when im injured , not something id reccommend and something i will have to change, but whats done is done and its time to get back on track.
    so im now going to log my miles on the 1000 mile thread and shake it to the very foundation by moving up tp 160th place.
    be afraid woddle im coming to get you.

total miles..1.5 +3+4+4=12.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Heh dude it still too cold out there. You should be still hibernating:)
    Welcome back the man in black

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Welcome back SG,hopefully this is the end of it now.

• Advertisement

thanks Abhainn and Sosa yeah hopefully this is the end of. i think it is, as i have no pain or discomfort running now where as on one of my numerous comebacks even if i wasnt in pain or discomfort it was always "just there" who do i sound like now Sosa?.
    it was like it was niggling away waiting to come at me, thankfully i havent got that feeling now.
    i have wasted a lot of time recently as well as entering and not been able to run in numerous event including Dublin09 Berlin09 and i will also miss Connemara Ultra 2010 all of which i entered well in advance (conn i entered about a week after last years race i enjoyed it so much).
    so im not going to enter anything for the time being

Put your name on the thread someone started for lent on the other forum and go from there.
    2.5 stone ?....you will have a stone gone in a few weeks,then the other 1.5 you say you have to lose will go gradually after that.
    You could have all that gone by the end of the summer at the latest.

Just in time for Dublin !

We will go for a run some morning next week...and oh yeah i'll never forget what you put me through when i started running first....some friend you are !

Do as i say' not as i do.

and i know you'll be kind to me , because lets face it we all know you are a much nicer fella then i could ever be

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good to see you back SunGod. Don't forget to defer your entry for Connemara if you haven't already done it (deadline is the 1st March).

thanks for that krusty i never thought of defering im going to do it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

welcome back sham,
    hope we'll be seeing you at the cake tables over the summer

1 x 4 mile run and 1 x 6 mile run since last post
    i decided to up by longest run from 4 to 6 miles by doing so i have increased my longest run by 50% ....i know crazy crazy stuff
    im sure if anyone has an oversize butterfly net they could catch me and claim the bounty at the local mental hospital...im such a rebel!!

going to try make my basic run 6 miles as this is what i uesd to do when i was running well and it worked for
    im back to physio tommorrow but im sure it will be the last visit for a while
    im convinced my injury is well and truly gone
    now i just have to deal with weight and fitness but both can be addressed with a bit of hard work

total miles....22.5

Well done SG,i had it handy while you were off the radar...but now your back,i'll have to keep an eye on you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Glad to see your back in action, I'm in the same boat as yourself with weight and fitness and hope to be back running next week, so will pay special attention to your log for added motivation, keep up the good work.

wont be long till we are both back in the groove woddle
    dublin will probably be my long term plan now, id imagine i will see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

good to see ya back sg,hopefully this is the end of yor injury woes and u can redress the balance in waterford...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Great to see you finally pain free SG, I wish you all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Good to see your reappearance SG.

thanks showry, woddle, SJ, token and ultraman its good to be back

6 mile run early this morning, my runs are very very slow at the moment but im more interested in just getting the miles an and the speed will come in time.
    plenty of little niggles but thats just my body getting used to running again after the long lay-off.

total miles: 28.5

another slow 6 miles early this morning , felt a little tired after yesterdays 6 but otherwise a felt good
    nice morning for it, cold and fresh
    as my mother would say "great drying weather"

total miles:34.5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Good to see you back SUNGOD. It's frustrating sitting on the sidelines, isn't it? You're coming back well, nice and slow for these next few weeks.

thanks DP yeah it can be frustrating alright but hopefully its behind me for the time being.
    did 2.5 on TM and 4 on the road
    total of 6.5 miles

total : 41 miles

7.3 miles early this morning
    i felt better as the run progressed, it was very cold and the first 2/3 miles were hard work but as i warmed up i got into the swing of it
    second half of run was much more enjoyable and faster then first half

total miles: 48.3

Well done SG....your eager to get back in the swing of things.

i am Sosa , its been so long since i was running well, i cant wait to start upping the miles and start a proper programme.

since all my runs are slow and one paced at the moment i decided to break up this mornings 6.5 mile trun into two parts.
    firstly i did 4 slow road miles then back to leisure centre for 4 K on treadmill, the TM miles i tried to increase the speed with each half K as i just wanted to get a good sweat-up and work myself a bit harder
    i was sweating like a pony and blowing hard by the end of it so job done.

total miles:54.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i was sweating like a pony and blowing hard by the end of it
    sounds like the end of a great date:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

good to see you back sungod, you seem to be taking things sensibly too. you ll be flying again before you even realise it

thanks kennyb3 im trying to be sensible alright , cant wait to up the miles

ultraman you really do have a filthy mind:D

i was stiff and tired after the last 2 days but decided to go out anyway and try run it off..........i couldnt, i managed just over 5K
    completely wrecked this morning, i did a extra .2 on the dreaded TM just to round up my 1000 mile thread total
    run total:3.2 miles

total miles:58

7 miles with Sosa this morning, after a couple of miles by calf's started to get very stiff and tight but after a quick stretch they loosened out.
    then after another mile or so my right foot started to go numb this is something that happened to me a about 18 months ago and went after a few runs so hopefully its only a temporary thing.
    it can be very frustrating as i had to stop every 10 minutes to let the feeling back into my foot so i could carry on.
    i just did a slow uncomfortable 7 with Sosa and he did 2 before he met me and 3 after i left to make 12 miles today for him ..oh how the other half live!

total miles: 65

• Advertisement

4 miles this morning, calfs giving me hassle again they are like rocks when i run,
    right foot going dead even though i changed runner, wore a lighter sock and have my runner as loose as possible

total miles:69

Advertisement