Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

4.1 horrible slow painfull miles this morning the first 2 miles my calfs were like concrete and very sore this was in turn pulling on my achilles.
    after 2 miles of stops to stretch they eventually loosened out only for my dead right foot to kick in,
    so i had 2 miles of calf pain then 2 miles of stopping to leave the feeling return to my foot.
    all in all a disaster of a run
    there is no enjoyment in running for me at the moment

total miles:73.1

edit: 4 miles this morning (12th) worse than yesterday

first run this morning since the 12th(8 days)
    ive been using the gym since then and maybe its the break from running , the gym and stretching or just a coincedence but my calfs were fine this morning.
    no stiffness or soreness.
    my foot was much better as well but it was starting to feel a bit numb towards the end of the run.
    hopefully its something that will sort itself out

total miles:81.1

2 x 4 mile runs and 1 x 5k run since last post
    ive using the gym inbetween runs

total miles: 92.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Keep the faith SUNGOD. It's miserable when you're out injured, you're doing all the right things in coming back slow. Reap the rewards this summer.

thanks DP its slow at the moment but i'll keep plugging away

this mornings run was 5 miles, back, calfs were perfect and only a slight bit of discomfort from my foot so at least progress is being made however small it is

total miles: 97.2

• Advertisement

since last post i did 1 x 4 mile, back was hurting so rested for a couple of weeks.
    i now have a new exercise,stretch routine so hopefully im on the way back
    so i did 1 x 3 mile on wednesday and 1 x 4 mile tody with no pain...............
    so fingers crossed!!!

total miles :108.2

4 miles this morning completely pain free

fingers and toes crossed at this stage

total miles: 112.2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good to see you back

thanks RQ its good to be back

another 4 miles this morning, resting tommorrow and will make out a plan for the next week or so

total miles : 116.2

5 glorius miles today
    i feel like my injury woes are behind me at last
    i have missed so time and training in the last twelve months that i cant wait to get back into a proper training routine, i will just have to be sensible and not do too much too soon in my case thats easier said then done.

total miles :121.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Great to see you back SUNGOD. I hope this is the end of your injuries and that start of some solid running for you.

thanks token hopefully your right
    longest run since my return from injury today, 6 miles
    delighted with that,we have a standard 6 mile loop from the leisure centre im in and i did that followed by sauna,steamroom and jacuzzi, happy days

total miles : 127.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

SUNGOD wrote: »
    thanks token hopefully your right
    longest run since my return from injury today, 6 miles
    delighted with that,we have a standard 6 mile loop from the leisure centre im in and i did that followed by sauna,steamroom and jacuzzi, happy days

total miles : 127.2

Posting everyday again...good to see....

Sosa wrote: »
    Posting everyday again...good to see....

thanks Sosa im just delighted to be able to post about my running again

another 6 this morning, nice and easy im not worried about time or pace at the moment im just getting the miles in.
    speed will come eventually

total miles : 133.2

5 lovely miles with Sosa and dukie
    good chat on the way round, myself and Sosa even spoke about target races for me before the year is out..happy days

total miles:138.2

2 x 6 mile runs since last post

total miles :150.2

edit: another 6 miles tonight

total miles : 156.2

4 miles this morning , im trying to follow a weights programme as well at the moment and i was going to do 10 min on the bike as a pre weights warm up, but the weather was nice so i said i may as well run to warm up instead.
    legs felt very stiff/sore after the weeks running so 4 was more then enough.
    im out with a friend of mine in the morning for 4 or 5 miles.

total miles :160.2

walked a few laps of the RSC running track in aid of the south east cancer fund last night as part of there all day fundraising .
    didnt do an awful lot but my hip was sore getting back into the car afterwards
    but thankfully it was fine this morning for 4.1 miles with a friend of mine.
    tommorrow is deffinitely a rest day as even though i only did 4 today i felt stiff for the first mile and feeling stiff again now.
    but ive done 26 miles in the last 4 days which is the most ive done in a long time so im bound to be feeling it, looking forward to resting tommorrow and planning next weeks training.
    todays run 4.1 miles

total miles : 164.3

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Good to see you back Sungod. Nice to see your easing back into it! :D

thanks dukie

since last post ive done 2 x 6 mile runs and this morning i did a 10 mile run the 6s were grand but the 10 today was hard work
    it was a LSR of kinds i just slowed right down nearly walking pace on the 2 hills along the way but i got through and am delighted to get a 10 under my belt

total miles : 186.3 miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

SUNGOD wrote: »
    thanks dukie

since last post ive done 2 x 6 mile runs and this morning i did a 10 mile run the 6s were grand but the 10 today was hard work
    it was a LSR of kinds i just slowed right down nearly walking pace on the 2 hills along the way but i got through and am delighted to get a 10 under my belt

total miles : 186.3 miles

A 10 miler......good man SG,thats the way.
    We will meet up Sat or Sunday for a few casual miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Fair play SG, wont take you long to get back at all I'd say

thanks Sosa and token, ive done 2 x 6 mile runs since last post .
    which means ive done 6,6,10,6,6 monday to today so if i do 6 tommorrow its a 40 mile week and 6 consecutive days running.
    which after been out as long as i have feels absolutely fantastic

im out with Sosa dukie and maybe 1 or two others for a handy run and chat tommorrow

total miles : 198.3

6 miles with Sosa and dukie this morning
    just a nice handy run , so that makes 40 for the week
    im delighted with that

total miles: 204.3

decided to do a few laps of the local park this morning, its a marked track 1k around.
    i ended up doing 21 laps so that works out just over 13 miles.
    delighted with that but i have paid a price for doing what is my longest run in 12 months,blisters on both feet but they shouldnt really effect me for the rest of the weeks running.

total miles : 217.3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

21 laps? :eek:
    I'd have started muttering "all laps and no scenery makes Ray a dull boy" after three or four

RayCun wrote: »
    21 laps? :eek:
    I'd have started muttering "all laps and no scenery makes Ray a dull boy" after three or four

ah Ray there was scenery ...the lycra wearing kind

1 x 6 mile run with a mate of mine yesterday, probabily my fastest finished run so far with the last couple of miles nearly killing me
    and this morning i had a lovely 6 miles with Sosa handy enough pace wise but i feel a lot more comfortable pushing the pace even if its only for a quarter mile

total miles: 229.3

first run in nearly two weeks
    i must have jarred or strained my knee on my last run with Sosa as it was slightly sore afterwards, foolishly i ran again the following day and my knee was sore again after the run.
    the following morning it was worse and very sore for the next week.
    its gradually got better and feels fine now but i still gave it nearly two weeks to make sure.
    i did 4 miles this morning to test it and it seems fine thank god.

total milers:233.3

• Advertisement

2 x 6 mile runs and 1 x 4 mile and 1 x 4.1 mile runs since last post
    the 6s were last week and the two 4s were today
    i met Sosa this morning for 4 and to let him show me how to use my garmin but the footpod battery was dead so this evening i replaced it and did another 4 as i was mad to get it going
    i managed it grand so now im absolutely sure how slow im after getting

total miles:253.4

Advertisement