Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

5 miles in glorious sunshine
    battery is low on garmin watch its only my second time using it but i have it since xmas, i didnt think the battery in footpod and now the watch would wear down when not been used as it is supposed to power off

total miles:258.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭aero2k

Sungod,

I used to lurk browse here occasionally but got a bit distracted in the lead-up to Edinburgh. I hadn't realised you'd been injured - good to see you back in shape.

hi aero2k thanks for your wishes im not quite in shape but hopefully im going in the right direction, great run in edinburgh by the way

6 miles early this morning its been a long time since i had an early sunday run
    id forgotten how peaceful it is running through empty streets

total miles:264.4

4 miles this morning just a slow recovery after a full weekends running

total miles: 268.4

1 x 6, 1 x 4, 1 x 3 mile runs to add
    they two shorter runs were slow but the 6 averaged about 7:30 which is fast for me at the moment

total miles:281.4

lovely 6 mile run with Sosa early this morning
    it was a kind of tempo run for me with a slow mile then fast
    the fast miles were 7:30 , 7:05 , 7:30 so im delighted with that even if the 7:05 nearly killed me

total miles:287.4

another standard 6 miles

total miles :293.4

• Advertisement

lovely 10 miles with Sosa and jimmy moonshine
    found it tough in places, namely the two main hills on the route
    very tired at the end as that makes 45 miles in six days
    so its a well deserved rest for me tommorrow and back it again from monday

total miles :303.4 miles

1 x 4 mile run
    and 1 x 6 mile run since last post

total miles : 313.4

1 x 6 mile run

total miles: 319.4

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Good to see you back running regularly. Think I have about 2 weeks left ahead of you in the 1000 mile challenge!!

hi dukie im coming to get ya alright

1 x 6 mile and 1 x 4 mile run
    hopefully im out again tomorrow

total miles :329.4 miles

i havent run since saturday so i decided on a LSR this morning
    lovely running conditions , warm no wind just perfect
    the miles just flew by, 13.4 miles in 1hr 50min dead

total miles: 342.8

another 4 miles
    toyal miles :346.8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i havent run since saturday so i decided on a LSR this morning
    lovely running conditions , warm no wind just perfect
    the miles just flew by, 13.4 miles in 1hr 50min dead

total miles: 342.8

you didnt do 21 laps of the park again,did you ?
    People will start to talk.....

no Sosa i stayed away from the park..too many distractions

6 mile run last night with a friend of mine
    started slow and each mile got faster , really enjoyable run
    7:53
    7:43
    7:27
    7:24
    7:03

considering doing the GSK 5 friday the 9th of july, just to see where i am and give be a relevent 5 mile time as any of my other 5 mile races are so long ago there bear no relevence on where i am now
    surely going on the above run then 36/37 minutes is doable

total miles:352.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

considering doing the GSK 5 friday the 9th of july, just to see where i am and give be a relevent 5 mile time as any of my other 5 mile races are so long ago there bear no relevence on where i am now
    surely going on the above run then 36/37 minutes is doable

we have a panel going SG....
    I cant remember the last race you did ......
    probably the ultra last march and come to think of it....i do know,...it was the anne valley 5...remember we ran the 15m home,you have not been the same since....

i remmeber it well Sosa
    but not fondly it was crazy running home after racing a very tough hilly 5 mile course
    yeah im definitely going to do the GSK like you said it been a long time since i raced

did 6 miles last night similar to the previous nights run as in we started slow and got quicker as each mile went by.

7:56
    7:41
    7:08
    6:56
    6:43

a slow 4 miles this morning just to loosen out the legs pace went between 8:20 to 9:00 per mile

total miles:362.8

9.6 with sosa this morning i had to go to running map to get the distance as my garmin is seriously out at the moment i will probabily calibrate it in the park on monday

total miles: 372.4

same 9.6 run as yesterday but completely different conditons
    yesterday was sunshine today was rain and wind, the worst kind of running conditions.

total :382 miles

after last weekends 2 x 9.6 mile runs i rested on monday and was away in dingle tuesday till friday afternoon.
    i had planned on running in dingle but due to weather, location and various reasons i didnt manage to.
    i had decided to run the GSK 5 friday night but after a 4 hour drive and not running all week i was wary about how i would run.
    i decided to go for 5K as soon as i got back to waterford at 2 o clock to loosen out the legs after the drive, i knew my first couple of miles after the week would be difficult so i decided to get them out of the way early and be ok for the race.
    the 5K was slow and awkward with my calves especially my right needing to be stretched but by the end of the run i felt good, job done.

i went with Sosa (who had another easy sub 30 run) to dungarvan it felt great to be heading to a race getting a number etc and just that little pre race buzz.
    really didnt know how i would run as my runs of last week were off due to garmin not being calibated properly.
    set off slow and did a 7:50 first mile but got into my stride after that and was on for sub 35 at the 4 mile mark but the hill just after it nearly killed me.
    i got back on track after the hill but couldnt claw back the time i lost and finished in 35:20
    still though its my first race in about 15 months so i have to be happy with that
    slow 4 miles recovery this morning
    now its off to see mcmillian to plan my race pace for next weeks 5k

total miles:394

legs still tired and stiff this morning so did 1 x 4 mile slow recovery

total miles: 398

6 miles tonight

total miles:402

6 miles wednesday

total miles: 408

6 miles last night and 9.6 this morning
    i might run tommorrow morning as well and then its the island 5 k on sunday
    im not too pushed about a time for this i will just give it a lash and see how i go

total miles:423.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Ahhhh,

Savage daily mileage SUNGOD, rapidly catching me on the 1000 mile challenge... Take a few more Rest days please ...;)

• Advertisement

thanks MisterDrak..and yes im coming to get you:D

7 miles yesterday and im running in the island 5K later today
    i will prob park at leisure center and run to island and back again afterwards for a sauna,jacuzzi and shower. with the weather as it is i will be looking forward to a soak afterwards.

total miles:430.6

9.5 yesterday including a 22 min 5K

total miles:440.1

7 miles yesterday, different route then usual with 2 big hills, after sunday run these hills nearly killed me

total miles: 447.1

1 x 6 mile last night and a 4 mile recovery run early this morning
    was looking at 12 week marathon plans in P&D marathon
    its just under 14 weeks till dublin and im up to 40 miles a week so should be ok to start a 12 week plan , not sure which one to go for yet.
    cant beleive its so close to dublin already
    my longest runs in the last couple of months have been 4 x ten miles and 2 x thirteen mile runs so im not that bad but will need to increase distance starting this weekend.

total miles:457.1
    6 miles last which turned into a a kind of tempo run as we killed ourselves for about 2 miles trying to catch a runner way head of us that we knew. and just as we caught him and strugggled to catch our breath and say "hello we've been chasing you for 2 miles" he turned off to go home

total miles:463.1

7 miles this morning i had hoped for more but had to cut the run short due to other committments.
    it was a dirty wet morning anway so this just means im out again in the morning to get a proper long run in, so far 13 has been my longest so anything equal or longer then that and i will be happy

total miles:470.1

this mornings run was 14 miles, went with Sosa and another fella who im trying to get to do dublin, he is resisting but as all bond fans know resistance is futile.
    delighted with getting a 14 mile run in but i struggled with my stomach the whole way round which took a lot of the enjoument out of it, i must start watching what im eating the night before my long runs.
    44 miles for the week, not bad but im hoping to get up around the 50 for a average week

total milers:484.1

monday was a rest day and yesterday i did a slow 5 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon
    will probabily try get out for a medium long run later on today

total miles:495.1

due to the fact that sometimes 24 hours is just not enough hours in the day i didnt get my intended medium long run in yesterday
    but i managed 2 x 6 mile runs today.
    not sure what to do tomorrow as im extending my long run on saturday probabily 15 miles

total miles:507.1

1 x 7 slow run yesterday morning
    15.5 LSR today @ 8 min mile pace, went with Sosa, Dukie and Jimmymoonhead. felt good till the last mile or so but happy to get another long run done.
    unfortunately Dukie had to turn off at 10 miles due the the fact he was molested by a physio on thursday.
    first time i ever saw fingerprints in a thigh!!
    special thanks to jimmy who had a packed lunch tied to a lamppost for us.
    got my garmin working kinda. im probabily better off just tieing chalk to my shoe or dropping breadcrumbs to calculate distance but i will eventually get the hang of it.

total miles:529.6

1 x 6 mile recovery run this morning

total miles:535.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

15.5 LSR today @ 8 min mile pace

Good man SunGod, coming back nicely.

thanks DP getting there slowly but surely

1 x 6 and 1 x 4 mile runs since last post
    still no real structure to my running but hope to sort that out in the coming week or two

total miles :545.6

• Advertisement

1 x 9.6 mile run last night
    pace was all over the place , when i looked at garmin afterwards it had miles varying from 6:53 to 9:58 per mile with the average been 8:06
    i could say it was a fartlek run but id be lieing

total miles:555.2

1 x 4 mile last night, i might do 4-6 today but havent decided yet as i have a LSR planned for tommorrow

total miles:559.2

Advertisement