Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

16.1 LSR this morning
    fantastic morning for a run, perfect conditions
    went with jimmyMH, started slow as the first couple of miles are hilly enough but soon got into our stride and finished with miles of 7:48, 7:46, 7:42 and 7:25
    absolutely wrecked by the end but very enjoyable

total miles:575.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Well done SG..you are well and truly back now,its all behind you,enjoy the rest of the training for Dublin.

thanks Sosa

1 x 6 mile recovery run last night, even though i was stiff/sore from sunday i still found it a bit unnatural to run at a recovery pace of 8:30pace so after 2 miles of checking my garmin and concously slowing down i gave up on watching the pace and ran how i felt.
    worked out at 8:19 pace overall so still not far off my intended pace but i was not dictated too by a watch.

total miles:581.3

8.5 miles last night. the plan was 9 with 4@ half marathon pace
    going by my recent 5k and 5 mile races Mcmillan gives me a marathon time of 3:27 and a half time of 1:38(7:32 pace) so i should be doing 4 miles at @ 7:32 pace as my tempo.
    but i dont want to train for a 3:27 marathon im hoping for faster .
    i did 2 miles easy and then started my tempo i went too fast with miles of 7:17 , 7:07 , and 7:09 i couldnt finish the last tempo mile.
    so i have to rethink and maybe do my next tempo at 7:20 pace its still 12 seconds under current predicted half marathon pace and at least i would be able to finish the session.
    the 8.5 miles were 2 easy, 3 tempo and 3.5 easy, 7:55 pace overall

6 recovery miles this morning

total miles:595.8

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Was thinking about joining you for a few miles on Saturday, think I'll give it a miss now!

• Advertisement

ah come on Dukie, if you come for a run i promise i will tell you lots of secrets:D

think its me jimmyMH and another chap who cork with him
    it will be nice and handy

1 x 7 mile run
    im doing 17 on saturday morning so i will have to decide what im going to do between now and then.
    im using P&D plan as a guide but changing it to suit myself, im somewhere between the 55 or less and the 70 or less plans
    i will change it so i have two hard sessions a week
    a midweek(wednesday) medium long run with half marathon pace miles but as the weeks progress i will change that to marathon pace miles
    and a LSR on the weekend with the rest of my miles handy enough
    i may throw in another medium long run of about 11/12 if im feel up to it but thats completely optional.
    everthing printed above is likely too change without prior warning:D

total miles:602.8

6 mile run last night
    i satrted with a slow mile 8:30 and deciced to try 2/3 at 7:30 pace, second miles was 7:29 and i felt good so decided to try for 3 more fast miles and one slow mile to make up the six
    so the six miles were
    8:30
    7:28
    7:22
    7:06
    6:35
    8:01
    on tuesday i started tempo too fast and on too hilly a course so i struggled come the third mile and couldnt finish the fourth whereas last night i started slow and finished fast
    tuesdays 3 miles were about 7:11 pace but last nights 4 miles were 7:08 pace
    so at least that proves i can do my tempos at 7-7:10 pace at the moment.

total miles:606.8

18 miles this morning
    nice and handy, tough last two miles but enjoyable

total miles:624.8

3 recovery miles

total miles:627.8

6 miles tonight
    felt stiff and sluggish starting off but finshed with miles of 7:08 and 7:03
    average pace of 7:34
    just happy to get the first run of the week out of the way

total miles:633.8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Sungod,

Great milage, so much for trying to stay with you on the 1000 mile...

Next year dont start running till September and I might have a chance...

thanks MisterDrak, because i was late getting started on the 1000 mile thread it was great to use as motivation on the days i didnt feel like running
    "just 7 miles till i hit the 200 mile mark" or "4 more miles till i catch MisterDrak":D
    its ok to use whatever gets you out the door and on the road

1 x 6 mile run@ 7:34

hoping for longer tommorrow

total miles:639.8

ive been away the last 3 days so training has taken a back seat but still managed 1 x 6 and 1 x 4.5 mile runs

total miles:650.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Hey Sungod,
    I was doing a search to see if anyone followed the marathon plan on the Dublin marathon website and I came across your post on the DCM 2008 thread.

If you can cast your mind back, did you stick to Brendan's training plan and if so how did you find it overall? Get big benefits from all of those fartlek sessions? Cheers.

hi misty i didnt follow that plan in the end cant remember exactly why, i started it but ended up just following my own plan after a couple of weeks.
    sorry misty but im not much help to you.

3 x 6 mile runs and 1 x 4 mile run since last post
    have been feeling tired last week or two and was having some calf trouble
    but a drop in mileage and a good rub from my physio has me raring to go again
    looking forward to getting stuck back into some training.

total miles:672.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

ah thanks anyway Sungod.

2 x 6 mile and 1 x 4 mile runs since last post

total miles:688.3

11.2 miles last night, felt it

total miles:699.5

1 x 5 and 1 x 4 mile runs since last post
    LSR tommorrow not sure of distance yet its been 3 weeks since last LSR so i will have to see how the body responds tommorrow

total miles:708.5

missed my LSR yesterday[ just did a handy 4] so did it on my own today
    20 miles in 2:43 average 8:11 pace
    not great running conditions, rain some wind but i suppose it could have been worse, really delighted to get a 20 under my belt.
    i had the option to turn off and make it a 17 or 18 but took the longer option and ground out the last few miles
    really felt the last five but strangely they were quicker then the first five.

total miles:732.5

• Advertisement

3 recovery miles yesterday morning and a slighty faster 6 last night
    still a bit stiff from monday but otherwise im feeling good

total miles:741.5

6 miles last night 7:30 pace
    and a slow 4 this morning
    rest now till my LSR saturday morning

total miles:741.5

set out with 2 mates who were doing 22 miles early this morning.
    i knew after 10 miles that firstly they were going too fast for me and secondily i didnt fancy doing 22 miles.
    so i left them off after 11 miles, i slowed the pace and took a detour to make the run 20 miles.
    just didnt have the speed or stamina for a quicker or longer LSR , and for my level of fitness at the moment a quicker & longer LSR would have been counter productive
    20 miles @ 8:30 pace

total miles:761.5

4 recovery miles yesterday which made 63 miles for the week
    rest today and back into it tommorrow

total miles:765.5

last week was a bad week for various reasons
    only managed 1 x 4 miles
    so yesterday started a new week , did 1 x 6 miles and out again this evening

total miles:775.5

1 x 6 miles last night and 1 x 5 miles today

total miles:786.5

5 miles very early yesterday morning, i was on the road before 6 as i was heading off for the day.
    never again , way too early, still asleep couldnt get going struggled for the full 5.
    9.5 miles today at a more reasonable hour. much better run second half faster than first

total miles:801

11.2 miles this morning glorious morning for a run

total miles: 812.2

9.5 miles this morning another great morning for a run

total miles:821.7

another 9.5 today

total miles:831.2

6 miles tonight 2 easy(8:50) 1 hard(6:30) 2 easy(8:00) 1 hard(6:30)

total miles:837.2

14.2 medium long run last night, quite slow at 8:30pace but i have been putting more miles in recently and i felt tired for most of this run.
    hoping for 20 on sunday so will see what i do between now and then, probabily run as normal and rest on saturday.

total miles:851.4

• Advertisement

7.7 mile run last night, one of the most enjoyable runs ive had in a long time.
    started with two easy miles(8:39,8:28) then two hard miles(6:54,6:47) then two miles easy(8:29,8:18).
    and didnt look at garmin for last 1.7 just ran on feel at a comfortable pace that i knew i could keep up till the finish.
    which turned out to be 7:39,7:08

total miles:859.1

Advertisement