Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Great stuff, Sungod you are back flying. So whats the plan for dub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thanks Kenny im still not sure im a little light on consistent weeks running and long runs in paticular.
    i heve done a couple of LSR's between 8-8:30 so i might start at 8:30 and try finish strong.
    whatever aproach i take dublin2010 will be my slowest marathon by some distance.

are you running dublin? if so what are you aimimg for?

SUNGOD wrote: »
    thanks Kenny im still not sure im a little light on consistent weeks running and long runs in paticular.
    i heve done a couple of LSR's between 8-8:30 so i might start at 8:30 and try finish strong.
    whatever aproach i take dublin2010 will be my slowest marathon by some distance.

are you running dublin? if so what are you aimimg for?

Sounds like a plan alright, if you start at 8.30 you ll deffo run a big negative split. Id say you could easily start at 8.15, i know myself even 8 is a canter around and feels like i could run it all day. I know you say your light but at the end of the day you ve a lot of miles in the the legs, past marathon experience and so on.

DCM will come too soon for me unfortunately so no marathon until the spring and then it will be only if i cant keep uninjured which is no my biggest problem.

10 miles last night and 3 slow recovery miles today
    the ten was
    two easy(8:31,8:17)
    two faster(7:33,7:46)
    two easy(8:30,8:32)
    four faster(7:21,7:26,7:12,7:09)
    really enjoyable run, my most comfortable since injury without a doubt
    felt really good for the last four miles.
    bit stiff today so did 3 x 9:00 pace and i have a LSR tommorrow
    delighted with the week so far feels like ive turned a corner in my training.
    thats 50 miles so far this and a LSR still to do

total miles:872.1

19.8 mile LSR this morning
    really enjoyed this run i went with two others training for dublin and the miles just flew by, i felt a bit tired in around mile 11/12 but finished very strong and was surprised how good i felt over the last 3.8 miles.
    8:03 pace over all and the last 3.8 miles were 7:57,7:39,7:33,6:33pace
    70 miles for the week

total miles:891.9

• Advertisement

yesterday AM: 4.1 recovery miles @ 9:00pace
    yesterday PM: 6 miles @ 7:39pace

total miles:902 miles

6 miles today i was going to do a slighty longer run with a few faster miles in the middle of it but a combination of tired legs and a horrible head wind knocked that idea on the head.
    ended up just trotting round for a handy 6 miles
    after a half mile i just thought there is no point killing myself when im feeling tired tommorrow is another day.

total miles:908

9.8 miles @ 7:26pace
    changing tuesdays run to a easier one worked wonders as any tiredness was gone for last nights run.
    i felt good the whole way round, pace was quite good as well considering the route has some nice hills in it .

total miles:917.8

10 miles @ 8:00pace which will prob be my marathon pace for dublin

total miles:927.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

SUNGOD wrote: »
    10 miles @ 8:00pace which will prob be my marathon pace for dublin

total miles:927.8

handy 10m pmp run SG...all of a sudden your flying again....We must go for a trot next week,i have a few days of.

• Advertisement

yeah sounds good Sosa

i didnt run over the weekend as i didnt feel too good and convinced i was getting the flu thats doing the rounds.
    so i rested and dosed myself with vit-c etc
    thankfully i felt ok yesterday and did 6 miles my garmin took ages to locate sat and i was at mile 1 before it did.
    not sure about first milee but the next 5 averaged at 7:14pace

total miles:733.8

another fast-ish 6 miles last night average 7:21pace
    first 2 miles were 7:55,7:40 followed by 4 quick miles 7:14,7:14,7:00,6:59
    felt awful for first miles but was flying by mile 3.

total miles:739.8

10 miles @ 8:00pace

total miles:949.8

just realised i put a 7 instead of 9 in last two posts oops

10 miles last night , the course i usuallly do has hills at the start(2miles) and at around 5 miles for about 1.5 miles.
    so i decided to run easy/hard/easy/hard
    was not going to look at garmin at all as i find it can stop me from running how i feel, which i have been doing in training and races since i started running ands probabily suits me.
    but i did look at watch on both hard sections and it kept me going so it does have its place.
    easy,8:00,7:48
    hard,6:53,6:28
    easy,8:31,8:55
    hard,7:25,6:54,7:03,6:47

worked out as 7:30 overall

total miles:959.8

20 miles @ 8:17pace last hard run till dublin , i will just tip away for the next 10 days and should be ok on the day.
    lovely weather this morning slight breeze in places but bright and sunny.
    i had dropped off a couple of drinks along the route early this morning and picked up the first one no hassle unfortunately about a mile from my second drop off i saw the council coming towards me clearing the ditches.
    low and behold when i got to my drop off my drink was gone.
    total accident but god i was looking forward to it and really missed it just at the hardest part of the run.

total miles:979.8

felt good after yesterday run so decided to go out with 3 others training for dublin this morning
    started handy and finished quick , i love this kind of run.
    11.3 miles @7:44 pace overall

total miles:991.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

might see you in Dublin next week sham

6 miles @8 min pace last night
    should break the 1000 tonight

total miles:997.1

ive had a niggingly sore throat for the last two days but ive been trying to forget about it and taking paracetemol and sucking strepsils but this morning i was finding it sore to swallow so i bit the bullet and went to doctor.
    turns out i have a throat infection and he prescribed the biggest antibiotic ive ever seen in my life.
    now i did explain it hurts when i swallow so why did he give me tablets the size of tampons?
    on the plus side its still 5 days to marathon so should be grand by then
    better for it to happen now rather then sat/sun

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Maybe its a suppository.....

Best of luck on Monday, your flying again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

will keep an eye out for you on Monday sham. What have you in mind?

hoping for 3:30 showry

went for a few miles last night just to hit the 1000 before monday
    throat was killing me, breathing was terrible and to cap it off my right foot went dead something that hasnt happpened in a while.
    im hoping that by sunday i will be on antibiotics 4 days so should feel better.
    im putting the dead foot down to bad luck
    so fingers crossed cos if i feel like i did last night on monday its going to be a long day.
    strange feeling i broke the 1000 mile mark but am feeling far from happy.

total miles:1002.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Well done on the 1000m SUNGOD, though i could keep up with you there for a few weeks but you flew past, even with the late start...

Good luck on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

welldone on the 1k,and best of luck on monday...doin it 4 d parish...

i remember the times when you would have 1000 done by the end of March....im sure that may be the case next year...

I'll give you a call over the w/e...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Have a good run Monday SUNGOD. Good man hitting the 1000 on a delayed start and as the lads have indicated, merely a shadow of your former greatness. No doubt a 3.5 hour jog on Monday will kick start the buzz again for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Good luck on Monday, hats off to you for sticking with it - legendary status soon to return. :-)

Enjoy it, remember all them days stuck in the house giving out to everyone around you and been frustrated when you are running under that clock banner.

finished 3:36 was hoping for 3:30 but i knew by half way it wasnt to be.
    times dont lie i got the time i deserve , its just where i am in my training at the moment.
    i still really enjoyed the day fantastic weather and support.
    i got to soak up the atmosphere and take in more of the support etc then on my previous run.
    i saw 2 runners wearing those nike skin type shoes not sure what they are called , imagine a plastic sock or a pool shoe.
    always amazed at people shouting "well done your almost there" at mile 20

thank god someone in the dublin thread in ART events explained the "romans" outside the SPAR outlets were spartans as that was wrecking my head why they were there.they reminded me of a task on the apprentice.
    the plan now is the concentrate on getting my shorter race times back down and will do the waterford half in december and dungarvan 10 in jan
    big thank you to all stewards, volunteers and supporters who really make the day

• Advertisement

Well done SG,not so long ago you were doubting if you would ever even do one again...now that thats out of the way,lets get those 5m/10k times back where they were ;)

Advertisement