Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

good stuff outta you SG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Was looking out for you in the 3:30 pace group. Did you follow us?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done SG. Good to have you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Peckham wrote: »
    Was looking out for you in the 3:30 pace group. Did you follow us?

was about 50 yards behind ye till half way then let ye go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

well done......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Well done SunGod.

thanks lads

first run since dublin last night 5 slow miles
    my right foot went dead again last night very very annoying
    it ment i had to stop twice to leave the feeling come back into it, ive had this before and i just ran it out of it so hopefully this will happen again
    i have asked physios before and all they could come up with was the laces were too tight(i have them as loose as possible and it doesnt happen every run) or a nerve problem but they gave me no solution.
    so fingers crossed..i will try 4/5 miles later on

4 miles today foot not as bad as yesterday but still not right

5 miles last night, foot still giving me grief
    i did a bit research and it could be caused by tight calf/achillies which would make sense as both of mine have been tight since dublin
    only solution seems to be stretching/massage
    i have a thai massage booked today(present from GF) and if that doesnt help i will book physio for proper rub down, i prob should just book physio anyway.
    either way i have to get it sorted soon as im in limbo at the minute, if i do run its only hoping to get a few miles in before foot flares up so i cant really plan a week/months training

first run in 10 days as ive had a throat and chest infection that i just could not shake off.
    i did my usual 6 mile route this morning, freezing but sunny really good running conditions apart from the odd icy patch
    foot was starting tingle/go dead as the run ended but the last few runs it happened after 3/4 miles so hopefully its on the way out.
    4 weeks to half, i will be a million miles away from where i had hoped to be come the 12th but hey thats life i will just train till the 12th and see how i get on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Hopefully the foot will clear up & you can get a good 3/4 weeks training in.

yeah hopefully thanks dukie

2 x 6 mile runs since last post

2 x 6 mile runs since last post
    just two standard runs didnt bring garmin but checked clock when i finished both took 45 min

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

how is the foot now sungod? whats the target for the half?

hi kenny the foot seems to righted itself thank god
    the half will just look after itself i have'nt being doing much lately so im not going to even guess what time i do, but i do know it will be slow

first run since sunday , just my normal 6 mile route

just looking back on my log and i had only done 50 miles in the five weeks after dublin 2010 ,.
    i only managed another 22 up till the new year.
    72 miles in 10 weeks is pretty poor
    started 2011 a bit better managing 56 in the first couple of weeks and decided to run the waterford half just two days before the 15th
    i had entered a long time ago but because i had not got any real training done for it(longest run was 6 miles) i wasnt going to run untill i got a change of heart on thursday.
    glad i ran it now really enjoyed it, i started slow 8:30pace just to make sure i wouldnt blow up and got quicker as the race went on finishing with miles of 7:30, 7:24,and 7:17

total : 69.1 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Good start to the year Sungod, hopefully you've seen the last of the injuries

i have only ran a few 5 or 6 mile runs since last post
    i was hoping to get a few longer or faster runs in before dungarvan but it was'nt to be.
    it was a glorious day for a race and i started just under 7:30 pace for the first mile this was'nt a conscious efort i jusr started running at a pace i thought i could keep up for 10 and after mile 1 i saw it was 7:30 so tried to keep all my miles under this.
    felt ok till mile 5 then had a panic attack as i relised how much faster i was going compared to the half.
    but i settled down again and felt ok again till about 8.5 when i just dug in and grunted, shouted and spat my way home , absolutly shattered for the few minutes straight after but quickly came around and i feel ok today so i will do a few slow miles later.
    finished in 1:13:30 so its just under 40 seconds a mile faster then the half 2weeks ago so at least i know im going in the right direction

total miles :118.1

1 x 6 and 1 x 7 mile runs
    i did 2 x half mile @ 6:30pace during the 7 miler

total miles:131.1

3 x 6 mile runs since last post, so basically im doing very little
    i will have to have a good root down the back of the sofa to try find my mojo

total miles :149.1

• Advertisement
Advertisement