Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

rest today ,just going to head to leisure centre for sauna/jacuzzi/steam room and relax for the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Best of luck with it tomorrow, hope you get the result you want.

ballycotton today finished in 65 minutes
    made a crucial mistake of arriving at the start too late,narrow streets packed with people made it impossibe to pass people. the clock was on 1min 10 before i passed through the starting line and it took me 9:40 for the first mile and 6:45 for the second because of congestion so i knew then i wouldnt break PB of 62 . but besides all that i ran really well from mile 2 onwards and finished quite strong.
    weather held up and the sun even made an appearance so all in all a good day and its another experience i will learn from
    now its back to my connemara training and thankfully next week is my last 20 mile run before the big day. roll on april 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

SUNGOD wrote: »
    made a crucial mistake of arriving at the start too late,
    Absolutely crucial! Did the same my first year. Not alone do you lose a minute at start, you lose a lot of time trying to get around peiople for the first few miles, so good recovery, well done. best of luck with Connemara.

supposed to cross train today but a combination of being very busy weather been terrible and me just feeling as lazy as hell put a stop to that

• Advertisement

tuesday - 6 mile run
    wednesday- 20 min bike 10 mile run

6 mile run today 20 min on bike

rest day today so going to enjoy doing nothing ,this is my last long weekend of trainning 10 mile tommorrow and 20 miles on sunday so the rest will do me good. received my race number for the cork mararhon yesterday and was getting worried about connemara as cork is 2 months after connemara and i havent heard from them yet, but this morning an e-mail arrives from connemara so everything is ok thank god .
    just over 3 weeks to the connemarathon and really looking forward to it as far as i can tell im fairly well prepared ive followed the hal higdon intermediate 2 programme as close as possible so as long as i taper down properly i should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

From reading your log thus far I'd say your well prepared - hope the long runs go well and then time to enjoy the tapering off period.

thanks ike i think i have everything covered so fingers crossed
    enjoying reading your log as well , great to see your times improving and down a stone already good stuff. i think the fact that your comfortable running these times and have a bit more left in the tank is a true reflection of your progress.
    heres to more progress all round

• Advertisement

10 mile run today in portlaw woods ,bit soft under foot but didnt rain during the run so was'nt too bad at all

20 mile run early this morning,i was on the road and all at 7:30am .good to get out when there is very little traffic on the roads .went to leisure centre afterwards for a well earned sauna/jacuzzi/steam room .
    great feeling at the moment knowing thats the last long run before connemara .feel tired after run but relaxed after leisure centre and fairly content as i think everything is coming together nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Fair play being on the road at 7:30 Sungod. Our baby was just waking up at that time and I was on babysiting duties. Didnt manage to get out 'til 1PM. Yup, I'm on the novice program. My first marathon too. Did my longest one too today, 34KM(21 miles). Did a bit extra 'cause I was feelin good. Managed it in 3 hours so I'm on target for 4 hours for the marathon. Legs went after 19 miles and I had to walk a good bit after. Well hopefully It'll a bit easier on the day, fairly shattered now though. No blisters either!

Cormac

good stuff cormac, so we are both on the taper down .well we have the hard work done now so as long as we taper done sensibly and resist the temptation to done a little bit more or an extra run here and there we should be ok.
    next week is not too bad but i will find it strange the two weeks directly before connemara as we will be running very little and short distances i know the taper down is as important as the long runs but it will be strange.
    but what harm before we know it we will be tackling " the hell in the west "
    best of luck cormac hope it all goes to plan

cross training today so just did 50 min on bike in gym then relaxed in leisure centre

6 mile run and 40 minutes on bike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

SUNGOD wrote: »
    20 mile run early this morning,i was on the road and all at 7:30am .good to get out when there is very little traffic on the roads .went to leisure centre afterwards for a well earned sauna/jacuzzi/steam room .
    great feeling at the moment knowing thats the last long run before connemara .feel tired after run but relaxed after leisure centre and fairly content as i think everything is coming together nicely

Congrats, if you feel the way you say you should really enjoy Connemara. Best of luck with it even though its a few weeks away!

thanks odysseus

10 mile run today

6 mile run and 20 minutes on bike

i was at physio today ,i have damaged muscle at the back of my hip(top of arse) not sure how or when it happened but anyway he worked on it today and told me to rest it for a few days. its very sore now so just have some heat on it and try relax for a couple of days.
    fingers crossed its a minor knock either way im not going to take any chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Bummer of an injury (sorry!!), Never came across an injury like that before, you've done a lot in the last 2 weeks so the rest will do you no harm. Take it easy

thanks ike its a pain in the hole all right ( jesus thats bad )
    think its my glute??

sick as a pig ive over dosed on easter eggs

twiddling my thumbs again today
    i can see how a long term injury could drive someone cracked

enforced rest again today
    i know i should be monitoring my diet even more closely because im inactive due to injury but the oposite is the case , im eating like a horse and all the wrong things. its no good for my weight or my mood as its really a "poor me" i cant train lets pig out as a treat but the downside is i feel bloated afterwards and start thinking how hard its going to be to lose any weight i put and how much it will slow me down if (fingers+toes crossed)i actually make it too the connemara start line.
    have'nt run since last thursday and dont think i will chance it tommorrow lower back/top of arse still very stiff and sore
    in two minds weather to just leave it till it feels completely ok which could be next week or chance a run this week, if i leave it it might mean turning up for connemara not having run in 2 weeks or try running and possibly aggravate it and miss connemara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

are you doing any swimming or using the bike at all?

hello longshanks
    i was hoping to do a good bit of cycling but sitting on the bike is actually sore but im doing a bit in the pool ,not as much as i should though

first run in nearly a week last night,just decided i was'nt going to wait any longer, gave my back and glutes a good stretch before and after and soaked myself in jacuzzi/plunge pool afterwards .it was grand last night but stiff this morning so i stretched again .
    i can still feel it if i have to lift anything of any relevance,but if i can get another few runs in between now and sunday week without aggravating it i will be very happy indeed

went for a 5 mile run earlier left really good during the run and only a little stiffness after it soo very happy indeed

last longish run this morning felt very good so just a couple of small runs during the week to keep loose and then commemara, yippeee

• Advertisement

cross training today so did about 50 min on bike
    the week cant go quick enough as i will find it strange to rest and wait for sunday to come, but it will be worth it.

Advertisement