Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 not recognising games

• 08-01-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Alright lads,
    I have a fairly new 360, never been battered or bruised but this evening when I went to play a game, the disk wasn't recognized. The drive made alot of noise, almost sounded like the game was sitting un-level, which it wasn't. I have tried numerous games, all in perfect condition each with the same results.
    The dashboard indicated that its reading the disk then change back to the 'insert disk or media etc', as if nothing is in the drive
    Any ideas. The machine had been sitting idle on the dashboard for an hour but that shouldn't really have any effect, right?

Any ideas you might have would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Unfortunately sounds like your DVD drive is knackered.

After rrod this is the next most common reason of Xboxs packing in.

Buy a cd/dvd disk cleaner, if after using it you still have the same issue, definitely the DVD drive and time to call MS to get it repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

I think ive got the same problem, sometimes when i put in halo it comes up on a white screen "please insert this disc in an xbox 360 console".

I might chance trading it in for an elite before it gets worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I had the same problem. Fixed it myself. If it is still inder warranty send it back in for repair.

Advertisement