Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boy glues self to bed to avoid school

• 08-01-2008 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

story here

Creative but if he really wanted to stay off school he should have glue his whole body to the bed

Anyone try anything similar to get off school or work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

"Sorry boss but I can't come into work today because... umm... my hand is glued to my bed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

I used to be very stealth like and put lots of effort it , change of clothes , know exact timings of everyone going/coming in house , perfected mother and fathers hand writing for notes .... then i got lazy and just started locking my bedroom door , once parents where used to that (used excuse that i wanted to keep little brother out) then it was a case of locking door from inside and staying in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Sometimes I hope that the bus crashes on the way to work. I'd welcome a few minor injuries if it meant a day or two in bed watching cartoons. I'm 23. Oh boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I used to sometimes lock myself in the jacks to avoid going to primary school.

And now that I'm in college things have changed, I go every day but just don't bother with attending lectures... I'm screwed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Teenage boys gluing themselves to their beds is hardly a new phenomenon ... don't think it ever earned me time off school, though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Next: teacher glues boy to desk as detention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

all i can reminded by the title of the thread is:the guy in the American Pie misuse the lube instead with glue...........

yes...i am corrupted....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They could have at least let him have the day off ffs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Man it's Mexico... not gonna happen. Those kids need their education badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

whenever my firends are sick and dont feel like coming out im always the one who volunteers to go up and hang around with them for a while.

my secret hope is that i'll catch their illness and it will get me a few days off.what im startin to worry about is hanging around with a few with different ilnesses.is it possible for me to catch them all and create some sort of super virus??? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Den_M wrote: »
    Sometimes I hope that the bus crashes on the way to work. I'd welcome a few minor injuries if it meant a day or two in bed watching cartoons. I'm 23. Oh boy.

That feeling never goes away (crosses fingers). If theres ever a re-run of 'kolchak the night stalker' on daytime telly I am calling in sick for a month. The only reason I have not done that so far is to avoid judge judy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Jesus, all the effort of pretending to be stuck to the bed while those people try pry you off, FFS you think he'd just remember to use a sock like most lads rather than risk his mum walking in when he has a handful and having to slap it down on the nearest surface before she can see.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

saying you have the runs with absolutly no shame is my prefered method of getting off things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I did try glueing myself to a wall before. It didn't work.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I did try glueing myself to a wall before. It didn't work.

Should have used No More Nails. it always gets the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I once felt like a day in bed watching cartoons when I was around six or seven. Anyone know the Funday Times? Kiddie freebee in the Sunday times. It once had a School Survival Kit which included fake spots. Basically just dark red paper dots. I cut these out and glued them on my face pretending to have measles. My mother was highly amused as I'd already had the MMR shot a couple of years before. She humoured me for a bit although I was so bloody amateurish about it.

She mentioned offhand that they might be spreading to my chest so I stuck two little spots onto my chest and all. I had hid the scissors and glue under my rug which she duely found.

She brought me into school and had agood laugh about it with my teacher who gave me an ear bashing in front of all the other little tykes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I put my forehead against the radiator plenty of times for a "temperature", also a bit of white make-up to make myself look pale!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I overheard some teachers talking about this in the staff room today. One of them was saying that there are times that she wished she could stay in bed, but wouldn't go that far. This was followed by a silence. I don't think many agreed with her!

I only ever got off school twice, both times for valid reasons. I think I missed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

janeybabe wrote: »
    I only ever got off school twice, both times for valid reasons. I think I missed out.

:eek: how is that even possible?

i remember when i was 5 though i flatly refused to go in one day. they eventually tricked me into going in ( i was only 5, it wasn't hard. i cant even remember what was promised to me). i was really pissed off for all of 30 minutes too.

by the end of my school days i had gotten so fed up of the place i just took days off at random. i was stubborn enough no one ever really bothered with me. even the teachers were happier. i think i had gone about 4 to 6 weeks without having set foot in my school (even skipped the graduation thingy) by the time the leaving cert came around, even then i don't think i had spent a full day in there since after the mocks.

looking back it's amazing to think I'm a third level student now. oh well.

i wholeheartedly commend that lads efforts. still, he should have glued a bit more of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

if i felt like a day i got dressed in the uniform and headed out as normal but i never arrived to my destonation, used to have some fishing gear stashed away in de Jacko, LOL, and spend the whole day fishing.
    Anyone else here know "de Jacko"??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

:eek: how is that even possible?

Well I was sick last week for the first time in about 12 years (since I was ten), and my mother never really believed me if I pretended so I didn't bother. (In fact, when I told her I was sick last week she told me I wasn't until I showed her the prescription for antibiotics!) She was always very disappointed that I missed those two days, which were for Confirmations I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

That kid is an absolute hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ah yes, we were told to try this in school today!! sounds fun.......eternal bed time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Anyone else here know "de Jacko"??

yep :)

Advertisement