Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Funky Tattoo

Options
  • 08-01-2008 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

getting inked here in two weeks.

been in there a couple of times, the guys seem to know their stuff.
    just wondering anyone any experiences with this place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rasherbyrne

oh yeah have a card from the place but the website link doesnt work. have they a new one?

this is the link i have. www.hellfunkytattoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Where is it? First I've heard of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

It's on cathal brugha st/marlborough st, Findlater Place to be precise. Beside The Living Room bar. It looks clean and respectable but I only ever see skangers in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lauralinda32

If youre worried about the tattoo quality, look at photos I guess. If youre worried about hygiene, ask for a look around, ask to see autoclave/unltrasonic certificates, cleaning products, sharps bins etc. All good tattooists should change cloves every time they touch anything.
    Chekc if they tattoo anything on anyone, ask for ID etc..
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

http://www.hellfunkystattoo.com/hell.html
    Nice shot of the autoclave in the gallery :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'd avoid the place. If you look closely at the work its very shoddy lines aren't nice, all the blackwork isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 haff

Lo,

amazingemmet, Have you been in there personally or just passing a comment on something you walked past on the street? ;)

Speaking from personal experience:D, I have the fortune of getting two tatts from Seb at Hellsfunkys and they are superb pieces of tattooing. I couldn't be happier on any level. Each has clean bold lines, delicious rich color on one, great uniform black on the other.

I found the premises to be neat, tidy and literally sparkling clean (shop lights glinting off autoclave, lol). As expected, Seb checked my id and, not that he needed to, put me completely at ease with his manner and obvious experience. I will be going back there again soon for my next piece... the beginning of a full back piece I have been putting together for the past decade... w00t ... I am proud of the ink I got there and looking forward to the next addition.

lauralinda32 - great suggestion, if you have an interest in getting a tattoo from any shop, go there, hang out for a little while and watch the artists at work, ask questions about hygiene, speak with customers. Use your eyes.

rasherbyrne - let us know how your tatt goes, Seb or Brat will take care of you!:p

I'm going on whats in the portfolio on the site and if thats a display of the best work I'd avoid it like the plague

Great! Less waiting for me then :D

I don't mean to appear cynical but as your using a new account it's makes me curious . Do you work there?

• Advertisement

Lol, [SIZE=-1]Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you ..[/SIZE]

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I checked the place out last time I was visiting home/Dublin after a friend who got inked there told me about it.

This thread comes up on a google search for the tatt shop in question so being a curious fellow I had to come check it out then felt obligated to comment as I have only had great experiences there both times. I felt the negative comments were unfair having personally seen clean lines, clean shop, happy customers etc and wanted to make sure that a balanced discussion was being had:cool:

ÒK just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

I've seen two people get tattoos there and though I said they were both good (hardly going to twell them they were ****e) one was ok while the other one was, in fact, ****e.

@ OP go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rasherbyrne

alright guys got the tattoo done in here in the end, im quite happy with it.

its up on their site for anyone who is interested its number 42 on seb's portfolio.

he done what i asked and added his own little touch to it and im very happy as to how it turned out, i wanted it to look as if it was carved into stone and i think this is how it turned out.

Pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bobbythepsycho

That's a pretty awesome tattoo man, see what ya mean bout the being in stone look

That looks way better than imagined! Really nice!

No 33 looks quite similar stylistically, was admiring it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Pic?

untitled-3.jpg

Congratulations on a beautiful tatt rasherbyrne!!! I had seen that tatt in their gallery and was impressed at the style, the stone effect looks realistic - I like how it looks etched in there, somewhat envious tbh, very nice style, knew Seb would sort you out! :cool:

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yup nice work indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pedrospuds

got my one done there as rasher will tell you .

4 hours work for 140 quid

Heading back over to Dublin in a couple of weeks, will be getting some sleeve work done by Seb, can't fookin' wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

hows it look healed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Got a tattoo done here today, and I was mightily impressed. Seb was really friendly, talked me through everything, was randomly chatting and having a laugh with me through the whole thing.
    The piece came out really nicely as well, although it's still very red 'cos there was a lot of shading. I'll throw up a pic soon.

Make sure you do, we wouldn't wanna have to set Will on ya!!! ;)

Make sure you do, we wouldn't wanna have to set Will on ya!!! ;)

My camera's either broken or out of battery, I'm charging the battery at the moment so I hope it's the latter!

Yay, it works.

Had to take this of myself at an awkward angle, but it's there!

448723989a8068623058l.jpg

edit: And yes, that is a picture of bart simpson's naked ass on my wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh, ****ing nice dude! love it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Nice tatt just surfing and stumble upon you guys have a bit of art work myself and buliding up to a large back piece and some script down the front of my ribs lokking for a few ideas for the pieces and ideas???

Advertisement