Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reloading Kits

Options
  • 08-01-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi Guys. Is anyone aware of a complete and quality reloading kit for 223 remington. Now before we go off topic im aware of the murky ground surrounding reloading - but at the range a lot of shooters do it, thats really not an issue for this thread. Im more interested in the reloading product itself. I dont really want to assemble all the bits from different makes and manufacturers. Has anyone used the kits etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

A good starter kit is the lee anniversary kit , it contains just about everything you need to get started-but first i would suggest go buy your self a good re loading manual, maybe even two or three-for cross referencing and a good reloading book for eg; the a,b,c of reloading by
    bill chevalier-all these books are available on-line from Cabelas in the u.s.
    Reloading is not rocket science but demands a good level of care and safety and common sense-thoroughly reading the books will tell you whats needed from a safety standpoint-get this right first.
    also if you are reloading for a bolt rifle in 223 ,I would suggest your reloading dies contain a lee collet neck sizing die-best value for money die
    IMO out there and will give you good case life with a suitable load.icon12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

how much would you expect to pay for a good kit? saw them on e-bay but thier all in the states so youd have to pay duty:(

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

thanks fox, where can you get lee products over here?

actually found it on midwayuk. with the weak sterling i might take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Where can I get the smokeless powder for reloading? I can`t see An Post being overly happy with posty on his bike with a Kg of powder in his sack.

a lee kit costs about 90 sterling, that is without dies-you order dies seperatley-any northern dealer will sell you the kit-lots of guys get them posted from uk- if you order dies make sure to order the set with the neck sizing die-cos if you reload for your own bolt rifle say in 223 for example-you will only need to neck size after firing-constant full length sizing will work your brass too much.These kits contain balance beam scales-most people will then move on to an electronic scale which they
    will purchase seperatley.icon12.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi all just wondering on pistol caliber reloading. Im interested in a 9mm and a 45 pistol. I was just wondering if the primers are the same size in both? It would be alot easier and cheaper if both use the same primers. I know there are large pistol and small pistol primers, so just wondering if both are in the same group. Cheers

45 is large and 9mm is small........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

marlyman wrote: »
    thanks fox, where can you get lee products over here?

actually found it on midwayuk. with the weak sterling i might take advantage.

I don't think they will ship outside UK

Advertisement