Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proxy settings

Options
  • 08-01-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

morning board
    i have been using gmail for a while in work and recently its not working i asked my i.t. dept and was told i needed a to find a new proxy address as the server has restricted the gmail siite ,,, can anyonne help me out here ??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the hunter wrote: »
    morning board
    i have been using gmail for a while in work and recently its not working i asked my i.t. dept and was told i needed a to find a new proxy address as the server has restricted the gmail siite ,,, can anyonne help me out here ??

Your own IT department blocked Gmail and then tells you to use a proxy to bypass their security?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Spear wrote: »
    Your own IT department blocked Gmail and then tells you to use a proxy to bypass their security?

I've seen his IT department. Of course they did.

Hunter check your mail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

NeoRox wrote: »
    I've seen his IT department. Of course they did.

Hunter check your mail.

Why is it my first instinct to think this is a government department's IT section?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

hi neo :D just checked mail (did you send something). hi spear
    my i.t. dept here can do nothing about it . the main i.t. dept that look after the servers blocked it ... so spear after all your guessing off topic is there anything i can do to sort this ????

the hunter wrote: »
    hi neo :D just checked mail (did you send something). hi spear
    my i.t. dept here can do nothing about it . the main i.t. dept that look after the servers blocked it ... so spear after all your guessing off topic is there anything i can do to sort this ????

I'd think it best to see what a mod says first, as giving instructions on how to bypass work or school security is frowned upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

Spear wrote: »
    I'd think it best to see what a mod says first, as giving instructions on how to bypass work or school security is frowned upon.

thats fair enough .. or if he wants use the pm ??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

OP I'd strongly suggest you check your companies IT equipment/services usage policy. There's probably a section on trying to circumvent company IT security policies, people have lost jobs before for attempting to circumvent these policies.

If you wish to take this to PM then do so.....locked from checking other forums discussing how to get around network security at college/work is frowned upon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement