Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next door can get Eircom BB, I cant!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

kaizersoze wrote: »
    An order won't be accepted unless the line shows a green or an amber pass on the test.

I rang to order BB as my mother who lives 5 doors away has BB with over a year.The line showed up red but because she has it they said it might well work.

They sent me out the whole set up box modem thingy. I rang them as i couldint get it to work and they told m the line was not BB ready. So Sending me the set up modem was a mistake. Never charged for it so if ever anyone needs one ......... pm me for it. such a waste.

Still no sign of us getting BB in the near future.......so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ask if getting a new line might solve the problem, it did for a friend of mine who was getting failures on his old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

My update:
    To cut a very long story short I find out my 8/9th month old line is a carrier/split line loads of problems with Talk Talk over this. An eircom sales guy calls to house and tells me that if I sign back up with eircom as a business customer he can get the carrier “lifted” and the line be made suitable for BB. Once BB is connected he will swap me onto the residential package. So I sign back up to eircom. In the meantime I talked to an eircom engineer who said there is no problem in lifting the carrier which sort of confirms the sales guy’s story. The engineer then says ring up eircom and say you need the carrier taking off.
    When I rang eircom business BB today (because sales guy put me on business package) they basically said "TOUGH" line not suitable and nothing you can do about it!!!! They then said neither the engineer or sales guy should have told me the carrier could be lifted and wanted me to give them the engineer and sales guys names (which I refused).

The exchange is enabled and I live 1 1/2 miles away from it. I’m soooo tempted to tell them to stick the line and get said line disconnected – anyone have any ideas/advice before I do something I regret!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

bijou wrote: »
    My update:
    To cut a very long story short I find out my 8/9th month old line is a carrier/split line loads of problems with Talk Talk over this. An eircom sales guy calls to house and tells me that if I sign back up with eircom as a business customer he can get the carrier “lifted” and the line be made suitable for BB. Once BB is connected he will swap me onto the residential package. So I sign back up to eircom. In the meantime I talked to an eircom engineer who said there is no problem in lifting the carrier which sort of confirms the sales guy’s story. The engineer then says ring up eircom and say you need the carrier taking off.
    When I rang eircom business BB today (because sales guy put me on business package) they basically said "TOUGH" line not suitable and nothing you can do about it!!!! They then said neither the engineer or sales guy should have told me the carrier could be lifted and wanted me to give them the engineer and sales guys names (which I refused).

The exchange is enabled and I live 1 1/2 miles away from it. I’m soooo tempted to tell them to stick the line and get said line disconnected – anyone have any ideas/advice before I do something I regret!!!

dont be an idiot. get hold of the engineer again. and get him to ring the call centre for you.
    honestly i dont think they are doing anything as they just dont want to bother.
    keep arguing the case and dont do stupid things like threatening to cancel, etc.
    just get a good engineer on your side and he will do what he can.

in the mean time, dont order anything else that will cost you money like going with a different company/tarriff etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bijou wrote: »
    My update:
    To cut a very long story short I find out my 8/9th month old line is a carrier/split line loads of problems with Talk Talk over this. An eircom sales guy calls to house and tells me that if I sign back up with eircom as a business customer he can get the carrier “lifted” and the line be made suitable for BB.

Well thats a grounds for complaint to Comreg right now, do it.

Make sure you name names.
    Once BB is connected he will swap me onto the residential package. So I sign back up to eircom. In the meantime I talked to an eircom engineer who said there is no problem in lifting the carrier which sort of confirms the sales guy’s story.

see my earlier post, its no problem if you ask an engineer .

The engineer then says ring up eircom and say you need the carrier taking off.

ah , Catch 22. Their call centre is full of contract employee fluff who are not authorised to do this.
    When I rang eircom business BB today (because sales guy put me on business package) they basically said "TOUGH" line not suitable and nothing you can do about it!!!!

correct, they can do nothing about it. If you had a chainsaw you could 'do something 'about it :p
    They then said neither the engineer or sales guy should have told me the carrier could be lifted and wanted me to give them the engineer and sales guys names (which I refused).

fair enough I suppose, had they rung the engineer and the engineer said they would take it off then they would have rung you back and taken your order you know. Its all up to the engineers who know where the copper is, the call centre can do nothing .
    anyone have any ideas/advice before I do something I regret!!!

Use the chainsaw, you won't regret it I promise , I certainly never did. That carrier never worked again , shame about the pole though although it was a bit old and in need of creosote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

RoyalMarineComm - Thanks for that don't worry I'm not gonna do anything stupid (i've had the weekend to simmer down now!!!) I need the phone line in so can't really get rid.

Sponge Bob - Thank you your response really cheered me up!! Can you recommend a decent chain saw for the job :D.
    Seriously though I think I'll try to track down the local engineer and see if he can help. The engineers I spoke to last week are from a different town who I see on occasion but don't cover my exchange, so will have to do some detective work i guess. It's so frustrating though. It feels like is so near yet so far.........:rolleyes:

Advertisement