Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Mythology - Anyone a fan?

Options
  • 08-01-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I got this game free with my laptop, and for one reason or another, only started playing it recently. MAN ITS ADDICTIVE.

Has anyone else wiled away 6 hours of your day playing this, getting lost in the battle sequences? I like the idea of playing multiplayer, but the only person i know who likes the game only has its prequel Age of Empires..

So, anyone else a fan??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah I used to play it religiously back in the day. Addictively fun game. I used to love playing a the Norse side with their giants and that huge dragon thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ya its a great game,finished the campaign,I got the expansion but I never finished that I just could'nt get into it,so I unistalled it :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Enjoyed it too, though I had never played Age of Empires (still haven't) and it was always referred to unfavourably by big fans of AoE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Huge fan of AOE and especially AOK (the sequel) and just never got into AOM at all. Still play a quick castle rush on AOK from time to time. Great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Massive fan of AOE2, loved it, still play it in college over the lan. Never got into this game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Big AOE fan and all editions, drooled at the thought of AOM went on the beta test for it and sobbed playing, the heroes thats the problem with the game it looks nice and plays right but the heroes unbalance everything and ruin what could have been a decent game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Havent played it in a while but yeah it's good fun, it's the only Age Of... game I own.

Does eat up the hours fairly quick though haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've gotten into AOE 2 big time in the last week or two and it is so great. I'm beginning to be able to beat the computer on moderate but I'de love to play someone else.

Anyone want a game of Age of Kings pm me and we'll sort something out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

loved the campaing because there was plenty of missions and i loved the online mode.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Yeah, AOE2 is excellent. This is good too, but not as good. Though it does look delicious :)

Got the AOM boardgame for christmas. It's good fun and you might want to check it out :)
    Not as good as Puerto Rico, though 8D~

• Advertisement
Advertisement