Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were ALL boards domains down just now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I wonder what would happen if Hammer and Cat time combined it would be the most ultimate time ever! Even Chuck Norris would have difficulty!
    Back on topic 2 stroke idea of something like status.boards.ie (obviously on a separate box) might be a good idea. Boards has obviously become much much bigger for a lot of people and Boards is now part of there daily if not hourly lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

William Shattner the Shamen.
    Saw this ad on TV last night, I lol'd

Ah, now it all makes sense! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wonder what would happen if Hammer and Cat time combined

Hammer cat time? I like it but I think PETA would kick up a stink about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

during the downtime i made the terrible mistake of going to boards.com instead of boards.us

boards.com is not a good site. lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

boards became self aware last night! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

during the downtime i made the terrible mistake of going to boards.com instead of boards.us

Eeeewwww. Time to clear my internet history.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

How have I never seen that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I don't get all the worry and bitching - going down on you is a nice surprise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ha I typed that in before when I wanted to show my brother something on boards. He was highly amused.

On topic, I managed to go to bed pretty early last night with no boards!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

omg. boards.com. teh lolz!

Sorry, about the downtime. Sorry for making you communicate with carbon lifeforms in your vicinity directly. The hamster has been taken out and shot.

Understand that if we could serve a page that said "sorry, we're fubared at the moment". we could probably NOT be fubared at that actual moment. That said perhaps we can work out an offsite site on blogger or something, I dunno. We'll stick on the list.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

janeybabe wrote: »
    On topic, I managed to go to bed pretty early last night with no boards!

Yeah, me too, especially as the other site I mainly post on was having some problems too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Rumour has it 6th is that hamster... he'd do anything to be a mod!! ;)

(just kiddin 6th!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

DeVore wrote: »
    perhaps we can work out an offsite site on blogger or something, I dunno

We were all perfectly unhappy in the refugee thread until buffy (shame on her) shut it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Boards was down for me from aroud 6 pm yesterday until 7 am this morning. Strange going ons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

This isn't the forum for that, but...

...I for one won't be inclined to revisit there. org.uk, and more so .tv are nice places to lurk, and occasionally post.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Boards was down for me from aroud 6 pm yesterday until 7 am this morning. Strange going ons.

The admins were temp banning you for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

As the one that posted the offsite noticeboard idea, I didn't know about the refugee thread until this morning. All we need is somewhere boardies hang out. Handy to know if its just your own system or the web thats giving trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

2 stroke wrote: »
    As the one that posted the offsite noticeboard idea, I didn't know about the refugee thread until this morning. All we need is somewhere boardies hang out. Handy to know if its just your own system or the web thats giving trouble.

Where are these offsite noticeboard or refugee thread?

yayamark wrote: »
    Where are these offsite noticeboard or refugee thread?

http://boards.tv/
    http://boards.org.uk/
    http://boards.us/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

oh i thought they were down as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

çrash_000 wrote: »
    I don't get all the worry and bitching - going down on you is a nice surprise ;)

Is that an offer to anyone or just a random statement :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

unkel wrote: »
    We were all perfectly unhappy in the refugee thread until buffy (shame on her) shut it down
    I even opened a bar in boards.tv :D I figured that along with the refugee thread there, we would get a few boardsies who would return.
    This isn't the forum for that, but...

...I for one won't be inclined to revisit there. org.uk, and more so .tv are nice places to lurk, and occasionally post.
    Thanks RM. boards.tv is great. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Is that an offer to anyone or just a random statement :p
    its times like this i regret posting about stupid times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I just had a brief look at boards.tv. Looks like a good place for our assembly point. We should do a head count next time boards chrashes to make sure everybody gets out.

Advertisement