Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belclare

Options
  • 08-01-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of moving out around the Belclare, Castlehacket area. Wha't the area like? Is there any good pubs etc? Is there a public transport service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Great pub called Canavans in Belclare. That's all I know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I think your only hope of public transport is to get to the main Galway Tuam road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

What activities (if any) are there for teenagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

GAA - Caherlistrane and Corofin
    Rugby - Headford.

Nothing else.

Canavans is a good pub, public transport is non-existent. You're doing quite well to get a taxi to go to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Jaden wrote: »
    GAA - Caherlistrane and Corofin
    Rugby - Headford.

Nothing else.

Canavans is a good pub, public transport is non-existent. You're doing quite well to get a taxi to go to your house.

Mmmmmm...methinks me should have a rethink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

It's not hard to get a taxi there at all. Although you are screwed if you're dependent on public transport. Decent little spot though, can't beat the walk up knockma hill, mind you it's a fair bit busier now than it used to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Mmmmmm...methinks me should have a rethink

Castlehacket is in Annaghdown who also have a GAA club.

Lots of different activities for youths there too. Judo club, Basketball, Soccer club, and a youth club in Corrandulla last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I used to play football for Corofin and basically the pitch the team use is in Belclare...That's about the only thing there. And Canavans pub and a primary school, few houses and a church and maybe a shop...
    But otherwise, you are looking for a boring time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Belclare is more than a name of a village, its a large postal district. Its got loads of heritage bounded by corofin caherlistrane kilconly and annaghdown on the rural side and very near tuam town.the world is your oyster there a lovely community

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This thread is well over 2 years old. If they haven't decided by now, they probably never will...

• Advertisement
Advertisement