Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good dog training book?

Options
  • 08-01-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

We have a 2 year old male springer who we got as a puppy and trained ourselves with the very basics (sit, stay, walk to heel, not to jump up etc). Since we acquired a playmate for him (female springer 6mths old) he has chosen not to obey the basic commands!

I'm guessing this is a dominance/leadership issue but would like to read up and understand more about it so that I can address it properly. So far, we have tried to go back to the basics - alongside training the female pup (who responds well) but have discovered that it doesn't work to train 2 dogs together!

Any recommendations for a good book that will help me here? The ones I have are more about the basic sit-stay commands. Many thanks,

Comments

Advertisement