Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike Ride - Cooperation Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

dursey wrote: »
    Cooperation Ireland, have scrapped the Bordertrex and brought in a new bike ride, and this one is a lot closer to Dublin.

Normally they ask for some sponsorship, but are usually very well organised,

http://www.cooperationireland.org/?q=getinvolved/sporting/cycling/bikeride

I have done the Bordertrek for the last eight years when it was mainly held between Sligo and Enniskillen. I would imagine that it is moving this year because of the falling numbers over the last number of years especially from the south. As someone who has taken part in many leisure cycling events such as Wicklow 200, Ring of Kerry and Into the West, I would say that the Bordertrek is the best run event I have participated in, from marshalling to signage on the roads to back-up.
    Each year there was a minimum amount of money you had to raise to take part and this covered your overnight accomodation, dinner and breakfast plus shower facilities, parking for bikes and obligatory medal when it was all over. The amount of money involved was somewhere in the regoin of 200 to 250 euro which might explain the falling numbers, I think last year there was only about 600 cyclists taking part as opposed to over 2000 when I started.
    Anyway, a very well run event and I will certainly be signing over for this years event.

Advertisement