Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIR / ADI approved instructor

Options
  • 08-01-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I just posted on a forum recommending my former driving instructor. She is Driving Instructor Register (DIR) Certified and an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).

Is this important for people getting lessons, or is price a bigger factor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

I think a lot of people still see the bottom line as a way of choosing who they use, and as in most cases - you get what you pay for. I was a DIR certified instructor for a number of years, and naturally would endorse instructors with at least this qualification.
    Is it not the case that all driving instructors will soon have to be certified rather than just having a full licence?

Who would you prefer to learn to drive with - someone who has passed a driving test (or possibly has an amnesty licence), or someone who has at the very least met a certain standard of instruction,is able to impart their knowledge easily, and who is liable to be checked regularly?

Advertisement