Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone doing Linux 802.11n?

• 08-01-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I've been meaning to get my PC onto 802.11n since my router and laptop are both capable.

Looking for advise. Anyone doing 802.11n in linux yet?
    What hardware you using?

I'm looking at, Intel 4965AGN,
    €33 from Elara, http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1413407#spec

So that plus the Intel's iwlwifi open source drivers should get me up and running. Anyone see a problem that I don't?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yes , I do , I have painful experience of it ,

The problem is that 802.11n is not finished yet , only draft n standards exist and these are not really standards , the issues happen when you mix hardware from different suppliers , ideally 802.11n should be kept in the 5ghz bracket , the hardware you linked too is dual band so that should be OK , but is your other hardware dual band , if not , you may find that they do not play nice together at all , the result being crippled speeds ,

The same issues happen if you introduce any 802.11G devices into the network , it hobbles it , and reduces the speed to lower than just a G network.

Advertisement