Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BA Humanities - Psychology & Sociology

• 08-01-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All, I'm currently considering doing the B.A in Humanities from Oscail in 2008, my goal is to complete all 6 modules in Psychology and all 6 modules in Sociology. The end result is that I would be able to continue my education and get into a medical field e.g Speech Therapy or Occupational Therapy. Is there anyone out there that has gone this route? If so I would be very grateful if you could provide me with any information and advice you may have. is there any other careers I could go into with these two subjects? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

hi - im doing these two subjects as part of my degree too with the hope of getting into occupational therapy. how long is your degree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 steedman

The course is distance learning and it can take from 3 years onwards, depending on how many modules you decide to do per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

Hi steedman I'm really interested in this, do you mind me asking where you are distance learning from? How do you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 steedman

Hi, I am not currently doing the course but I am finding out all about it and about what my options are after completing the BA in Humanities.

http://www.oscail.ie/

For detailed info on the modules and units in the course and past exam papers, go to Current Student -> Undergraduate Courses -> Arts Humanities.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hi im currently doing a BA in applied social care with modules in psychology and sociology. very interesting subjects. but i did find 2nd year psychology more interesting than the first. i think you'll like them if your into that kinda thing. can cause great debates in class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mellowmyman

I was wondering if you've decided to persue the degree with Oscail? I've just completed my application and will be doing Soc & Psy. Will you be using DCU?

Advertisement