Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R/C sale

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Well thats what it says anyway:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

There could be another rally car made my HPI :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Flunked wrote: »
    Not yet. Don't have anything to connect the battery pack up with. Is it safe to just solder them directly together and then tape with PVC/Electrical tape? Or will it melt and light the car on fire :rolleyes:

Is this the HPI Rally chassis? http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/rally/r-m.htm ?

Yea man, thats the one. great little thing
    Soilder the connection, it shouldnt melt but fit deans connectors as they are easier and better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I think its discontinued.

Yea man, thats the one. great little thing
    Soilder the connection, it shouldnt melt but fit deans connectors as they are easier and better
    Will do, But for now I can't. No acsess to getting them for a few days.
    Plug wrote: »
    I think its discontinued.
    Yeah But I'll probably slap on some smaller shocks and use it on road.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

3-gold-4mm-3,4g-kl.jpg
    4mm Banana Gold - resistance 0,2 mOhm - continuous current c80 Amps - pulse 120 amps.
    deans-ultr-plug.jpg
    Deans Ultra plug - resistance 0,4 mOhm - continuous current c50 Amps - pulse 70 amps.
    This applies to the genuine version of both makes ... the cheap copies are far worse due to inferior metal under the plating.

Now bear in mind that you will run on only about 30 amps when up and going. But electric motors eat power when acccellerating.

However a cheap 540 motor hits 89 amps (for a few milliseconds) when stopped and the power comes on, and a hot motor on accelleration can briefly go to 200 amps while moving away from stationery. Accelleration out of a corner might be in the region of 80 Amps for a brief moment.
    Now at that particular moment the American deans plug will be restricting your accelleration due to the plug's resistance reducing your voltage reaching the motor.
    The resistance to high current from the American Deans is twice as much as the 4mm banana plugs we ourselves at Green Hobby all choose for putting in our own electric models.

So the Deans are adequate but there is better available. The 4mm Gold Banana plug would be regarded as standard throughout Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

I second that ! :)
    I personnaly use the 4mm PK plugs (banana gold) for my electric planes.
    Joe, other club mate, is using the Dean type plugs. No real standards, but they are the two most common.
    Also, all that available here as well. :D

Fred

Ok. Thanks for the info. If I'm able to get to GH anytime soon I will but in the meantime I have a Tamiya (I think) connector on it. Should last me a litle while.

Also. Will the ESC beep when I try to give it throttle when the battery is too low? It has a failsafe fuction (so it seems)
    I put in a fairly dead battery just to test and it worked so am charging it now. Cant wait to give it a shot.

Advertisement