Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec 900 Hard drive installation

Options
  • 08-01-2008 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can find those long hard drive screws for the drive bays of the Antec 900 ?

I would have thought antec would have a link to them on their spec sheet for the case but nope. any help ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

hardware shop would have them surely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea they seem pretty basic screws what happened to the ones you got with the case? lost em? God I had a few spare I dont know where I left them down.. ill have a little look later in my box of crap I have for all pc stuff..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Aha! I was wondering what the craic was with them. I didn't get any long screws and had to fiddle my way in with a tiny screwdriver. Well...At least I know they're not muppets now. Sorry I can't help you OP....well....it is possible to use the small screws (I have 5hdd's screwed in this way) with some fiddling and a minor amount of frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

they only sent 12 with the case and these have been used.

I was thinking of using the small screws but the long ones are so much easier. As for being basic, not really. the ones I got were completely smooth along the shaft except for the last cm or two which was threaded. But a hardware shop might have them alright.

Really dont like the 900 hard drive cages. would have much preferred if they had the clip caddy that slides in and if the HDDs were side-mounted so there's no messing about with cards etc (there's a tight squeeze around my GFX card). Apart from that its a great case, very quiet and very cool.

Advertisement