Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DABS Delivery is terrible

Options
  • 08-01-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

You may have seen a thread I started on the Komplett forum mentioning that all of DABS prices were considerably cheaper.
    Well I stand by that but I think it only fair that I start a thread mentioning how awful DABS delivery service is.

I have ordered twice off DABS in the last month.

The first was for memory which was in stock and ordered on December 19th.
    They did not ship it until the 21st, the tracking number never worked until the 30th, and it didn't arrive until the 4th. Not including holidays and weekends thats 9 business days it took to arrive.
    That was over Christmas though so I suppose it could be excused.

I put another order in on the 27th again for a few parts that were in stock but the did not ship it until January 2nd.
    This delivery has still not arrived.
    I waited in their stupid queue to speak to their web support agents for 30 minutes today and was told that their shipping takes up to 10 days and that its out of their control because its Royal Mail that do their deliveries.
    DABS wrote:
    Stuart (1289): Good afternoon, how may I help you?
    Conor O'Cleary: Hi.
    Conor O'Cleary: I'm just wondering what the delivery time is to Ireland
    Stuart (1289): Standard delivery is 1-3 days from date of dispatch
    Conor O'Cleary: My orders never seem to go smoothly
    Conor O'Cleary: I ordered some parts on the 27th and they still have not arrived.
    Conor O'Cleary: Nor have I received a tracking number.
    Stuart (1289): Can I have the order number please?
    Conor O'Cleary: But I did get a mail on the 2nd saying that they'd been shipped
    Conor O'Cleary: 9686854
    Stuart (1289): I shall just check this for you
    Conor O'Cleary: cheers
    Stuart (1289): Thank you for your patience. I've checked on this and your order was dispatched with Parcel Force with tracking EE421504628GB. I've been advised that this may take upto 10 days to be delivered.
    Conor O'Cleary: Why up to 10 days?
    Conor O'Cleary: I could walk from UK to Ireland in that time :)
    Stuart (1289): I understand and do apologise for this. As this is being sent with Royal Mail we have limited control over the timescales

Anyway, bottom line is don't order from DABS if you want something quickly, don't order from Komplett if you want something cheap.

Surely there's someone out there that manages to pull off cheap prices and quick delivery????
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement