Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Glass Screen on my Nokia 6300

• 08-01-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some help here. I have a lovely Nokia 6300 which I bought a few months ago. Absolutely love it, but dropped it on Friday night and cracked the screen. I'm disgusted. It was such a lovely little phone. Can anyone tell me whether the glass can be replaced? Is the glass part of the cover or part of the actual phone? I've seen the covers on eBay but they don't specify whether the glass is part of them.

Also, although I can remove the back cover I'm having a bit of difficulty removing the front. Can anyone give me some information here?

Much appreciated

Claire:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Do you mean the glass of the phone inside the cover? Or just the plastic "glass" that is part of the cover?

If it's just the part that's on the cover it should be part of a replacement cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Clairecluck

Hey Recon, its just the glass thats on the very front, that you can tap with your finger. I've never even taken off the cover so didn't know that there was glass underneath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

All of the Nokia phones I've had had snap on/snap off covers, and the plastic "glass" was part of that cover. So the screen of your phone shouldn't be damaged, just the "glass" of the cover.

Apart from the scratched cover does the screen look alright? Are there blobs of inky looking stuff in it? If there is the screen is damaged.

Hey, there are no blobs on the actual LCD screen, but as I said....the glass is broken. The reason I was worried is that it is actual glass not plastic and seems to be part of the phone rather than the cover. But I'd say you're actually right. The only thing is, the front of the phone wont come off. I'll have to go in to an accessory shop and see what they can do for me.

Anyway, thanks a million for your help...much appreciated

Claire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement

Brilliant- thanks a milliom Cyrus, and thanks Recon for your help also.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no worries best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

Hey guys, just cracked my 6300. Its all inky on the screen. Disgusted over it. Is there any crowd who'd fix it cheap or am i best off with a new one? thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

younge wrote: »
    Hey guys, just cracked my 6300. Its all inky on the screen. Disgusted over it. Is there any crowd who'd fix it cheap or am i best off with a new one? thanks
    For the money that you would spend on fixing it, i'd say put it towards a new phone. The 6300 was a very buggy phone any way.

And good man for using the search function. Many users dont. They just create duplicate threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Betallica

Hello everybody, I'm new in here and this is my first post. Greetings from biggest village in Europe, Sarajevo. :D
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    And good man for using the search function. Many users dont. They just create duplicate threads.
    I'm a good man too, so I expect some of you to reply. :D

Same thing like @Clairecluck, front cover screen broken, and as I am noob for every mobile phone after 3310 :D, I need your help.
    I don't know is it just up to cover, or i need completely new LCD or so...
    The quality of graphic remainded absolutely same, there are no unusual lines, blobs, colours etc. But as I said, I'm too noobish to divide covers (I need an extra Torx T& screwdriver which I don't have), and also, I'm too impatiend to know what's my next step.
    I've taken a few pics of it:
    dsc07143pa5.th.jpgthpix.gif
    dsc07150bl3.th.jpgthpix.gif
    dsc07151lv2.th.jpgthpix.gif
    6300rd0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Not impressive quality, but you can see how does it looks. I really hope that it's just up to cover, then it's only about 10€ in local shop. Otherwise...
    Thanx in advance, and cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

From the pictures it looks like the glass in your case is broken but the LCD is fine. You are able to buy replacement housings for phones.

Fonemenders on South Anne Street do them iirc.

EDIT: i just read where you were from. You dont need that advice then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Betallica

jmccrohan wrote: »
    From the pictures it looks like the glass in your case is broken but the LCD is fine. You are able to buy replacement housings for phones.

Fonemenders on South Anne Street do them iirc.

EDIT: i just read where you were from. You dont need that advice then :)
    Yes, there is no South Anne Street around here. :D
    Thanks man, you've made me sedated. :)

Just found an info ,that in local it costs 10€ - brand new cover + embedding included. :cool:

Is there anyone who thinks that it's up to LCD? :)

Advertisement