Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If anything deserve a "dib dib"....

• 08-01-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭

Fair play to the little scout, thats what I call serving the community.

Hope they get a new scout hall for his efforts!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mheymhojausn/

A boy scout saved the president of the Maldives from assassination today when he grabbed an attacker's knife as he was about to strike.

Mohamed Jaisham Ibrahim, 15, suffered badly cut hands in the attack, but President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom escaped unharmed when the knifeman leapt from a crowd of well-wishers.

"This fellow in the crowd with a knife in his hand attempted to stab the president in his stomach," a government spokesman said.

"But a 15-year-old boy came in the way and grabbed the knife. One brave boy saved the president's life."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

He'll probably just get the 'foiled president assassination attempt' badge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

President gayoom:eek:
    boy flown to male for treatment :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

whiskeyman wrote: »
    He'll probably just get the 'foiled president assassination attempt' badge...

i want one of them, if its shiney

ha funny name though gayoom, didnt know the scouts learnt them kind of skills, fair play to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

Has President Gayoom no personnel bodyguards?
    If my son did the same for Bertie i would be very upset with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

isn't it great that theres youngsters like that around,it makes the heart warm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

He wouldn't have have to protect Bertie, sure everyone knows he can't be killed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

isn't it great that theres youngsters like that around,it makes the heart warm

Not if you're an assassin! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Of course his does - boy scouts. They're much cheaper than proper guards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

"I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that pesky kid..."
    I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Wow, what a crappy assassin. Thats what happens when you skimp on a hired killer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

So would I since I'd probably be the one brandishing the knife. So let any noone 15 year old kids go near the new Spar in Monasterevin next Satur....

I've said to much!!

Advertisement