Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Etiquette

Options
  • 08-01-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hey girls

This conversation came up with a few of my mates and we found it quite amusing, so thought I would see your opinions on this.

Anyhow it is about Number 2's in work, The majority of my friends will not do their number 2's in work.

One of the girls even drives home during work to go if she is in a bad way.

Also would you sit on a public toilet or hover or spend half an hour covering it with toilet roll...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd do number 2's in work, but its a small office and I'm usually the only one using that bathroom.

Out of my girls I'm in a minority in that I sit on a public toilet after giving it a wipe. The others hover or cover the thing in toilet paper :rolleyes: I don't see the point *touches wood* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Of coures you should do your number twos in work. That way you're getting paid for it, and saving having to buy more toilet papaer at home!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What a funny topic. Driving home to poop. Lollers.

Why would you have a problem doing ones or twos or anything in a work loo? Its not as if its on CCTV. Or is it?!

The only issue I could see is forgetting to check if the loo roll has run out before you begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I don't believe this!!

A perfectly normal function which all of us have to do, has become an issue!!.

You sit on the pot,apply pressure,clear the pipes,clean the rusty sheriffs badge,up with the cacks,drop the skirt,wash the hands.

What the fcuk is so difficult with that???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Bant... behave... a lot of people don't poo in public loos or in work or whatever. I personally hover, dont wipe the seat or touch it in anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

o_O

you people are kidding... right?

whatever about hovering (surely you can just put some roll on the seat?), but actually not going?!

****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Jules wrote: »
    Bant... behave... a lot of people don't poo in public loos or in work or whatever.

What do these people do on holiday? :confused:

'sorry love, just catching a flight back home because I need to drop the kids off'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Only if it's an emergency and I know my boss won't be back any time soon to let me go on break. I usually try to hold it until lunchtime. I'll NEVER go in a public toilet, like in a pub or restaurant, I'm afraid of someone coming in while I'm going :o If I have to wee in a public toilet I hover and give a little wipe afterwards or if it's a long one I've been holding all day I cover the seat with toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I'm quite (ok, very) OCD about toilet usage! Unless I'm at home I won't sit on the toilet. Not a friend's house, not at work ,CERTAINLY not at college (have u seen them?!?! ....shudder) I hover for a number one. If I really have to do a number 2 (and believe me, have gone to extraordinary lengths to prevent this happening haha) and I'm not at home, many, many layers of toilet roll precisely and expertly applied to the seat. Still would never do it in college though, gross. Not nice toilets!

ok, wtf. i cant let this one go. i have to ask. why? is it the germs? someone walking in? nervousness in a 'public' place that you just can't go? why?

when did it start? have you never used the public jacks? what would it take for you to relent and just go? when did you start this?
    i really really do not understand this,and maybe this is just my bad mood coming out in pigheadedness here, but i do actually feel somewhat disgusted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Haha, funny topic. I prefer crapping at home to be fair, but of course us men can piss anywhere (beside a bus on the side of the road being a popular place) so no probs there.
    But yeah, I will crap anywhere really, but I do prefer crapping at home.
    I also prefer to crap when there is no-one else at home so you're guaranteed no interruptions and you can read the 'Dear Deirdre' page of the Sun in peace.

Its not something I really understand either. I dont see how you can have issues using a public loo, but yet youll let restaraunt staff prepare your food.:) They probably sat on a public bog, and did they wash their hands afterwards??

If a loo is filthy I can see a problem but a friends house? Seriously?
    The only other thing thats horrible in a public loo is splashback, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

lol, what a funny topic! Is it the germs people are afraid of or why don't they want to touch the seat? You know there is probably more germs on the door handle on the way out of the toilet than there are on the actual toilet seat!

jester77 wrote: »
    lol, what a funny topic! Is it the germs people are afraid of or why don't they want to touch the seat? You know there is probably more germs on the door handle on the way out of the toilet than there are on the actual toilet seat!
    I can see this turning into a freak out thread. Did you know how many germs are on the average toothbrush, etc.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Haha, ah don't be too hard on me! Well I've always had a bit of OCD regarding other things (not going into them but over most of them now, sometimes they flare up if I'm down or stressed). Of course I'd use a public toilet. Just, most of them are so dirty. To be honest I'm not a germophobic or anything, it's just something I've always done since I was young. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Pffth, girls don't poop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

lol :):):):):):)

Glad I'm not alone thought I was odd!:)

Will use a public loo but not if really busy and a Q! If doing a wee will put loo roll down first ( so nobody can hear) and hover. Under no circimstances would I do a no.2 anywhere but at home.

Remember saying this to a friend once and she thought I was mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dear god...hovering? How does that work the morning after a few drinks? :eek:

head hovers over bowl.

simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I tend to give the seat a good wipe and put a layer of paper around it...

This is mainly down to the fact that there are no urinals in the mens toilets in work, and there are also no lights.. so when it gets dark they tend to end up with lot of piss on them.

They're bloody freezing cold this time of year too.

• Advertisement

I tend to give the seat a good wipe and put a layer of paper around it...

This is mainly down to the fact that there are no urinals in the mens toilets in work, and there are also no lights.. so when it gets dark they tend to end up with lot of piss on them.

They're bloody freezing cold this time of year too.

Niiiice :D

to those who refuse to do number 2 anywhere but home, I take it ye haven't gone to any weekend music festivals?? The portaloos in those places I do hover over of course, they would be where I toe the line! ew! :D

ha, just make sure you've brought your own jacks roll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

what a load of crap (pun intended) :D

I don't know what anyone else is like but when I have go I really have to go, there is no dilly dallying.

I think this is some victorian sensibility gone crazy. Not going can make you ill or at the very least constipated.

I have many hangups about toilets but it would rarely stop me using one. And yes, I sit. :eek:

I give the seat a good aul wipe. If you think about things like this too much you would develop anxieties about everything - did the guy serving the food wash his hands etc etc etc

what a load of crap (pun intended) :D

I don't know what anyone else is like but when I have go I really have to go, there is no dilly dallying.

I think this is some victorian sensibility gone crazy. Not going can make you ill or at the very least constipated.

I have many hangups about toilets but it would rarely stop me using one. And yes, I sit. :eek:

I give the seat a good aul wipe. If you think about things like this too much you would develop anxieties about everything - did the guy serving the food wash his hands etc etc etc

exactly, and remember the ad that says your childs highchair table top has a gazillion more germs than your toilet seat? :eek: there's no escaping them, germs are good for us. Learn to love the germs!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Cathooo wrote: »
    exactly, and remember the ad that says your childs highchair table top has a gazillion more germs than your toilet seat? :eek: there's no escaping them, germs are good for us. Learn to love the germs!

So true. Haven't they proved that there are more germs on a keyboard than nearly any other item in the home/office yet people have no problem picking up their sandwich and taking a bite out of it between writing posts on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Wow some people are so OTT!
    What a complete waste of time and paper.
    After seeing the awful excuses for toilets in China (if you think McDonalds toilets here are bad!) I've never had a problem with sitting on a toilet here. Anyway you can't hover, its sore on the legs. Girls squat and thats only in the middle of fields

Hovers are selfish fluppers.I'm sorry but your the people who make the toilets dirty in the first place!
    My only consolation when I look at piddle on the toilet seat, is that the perpetrator will eventually give themselves a well deserved UTI from not emptying their bladders properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I don't see the problem here.

Pooping is a completely natural bodily function.
    I don't see why people are so worried that they go hunky-dory.

I knew one girl who did her business in the corner of the cubicle as she was too scared to use the bowl.

Although in the Gaelthuct, our Bean an Ti had a great toilet for herself and a crappy one with no seat for us. We had to do squats over the damn thing or risk falling in, it was so huge.

Seriously folks, why get in a tizzy over this? I don't.
    I took the greatest of pleasure in doing my business at work in full knowledge that I was doing a dump on their time. Serves them right for being an evil-multi-national corporation who wanted my soul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

This came up the other day actually. A work colleague (male) of mine was doing the business in a unisex toilet with 2 cubicles beside each other (a somewhat odd setup).

He remarked to us all after how a woman came in, dropped the kiddies, and not a bother on her that the other cublicle was obviously occupied by someone.

Of course, he waited to see who it was, and now we all think of it whenever we see her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Two words for you, my friends:
    Disabled. Toilets.

Nice and spacious, and almost always guaranteed to be clean and well-stocked.

Having said that, I do know someone who used to have sex with his girlfriend all the time in the disabled toilets in McDonalds in Ranelagh when it was still open, so I suppose they have their downsides too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement