Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's best for drum tracks?

Options
  • 08-01-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

I'm looking for the best software to make beats to go with acoustic guitar and some bass and vocals...so something realistic.. I have fruity loops but all the sounds are ****.. is it just a case of downloading samples?

Or is there a program out there where you can edit already created drum loops etc? a bit like garage band but but better and more focused on drums is what i'm looking for..

Just for some bedroom studio stuff

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I quite like EZdrummer http://www.toontrack.com/ezdrummer.asp

I just use it for jamming along to on guitar, I've never used it as a replacement for a drumkit and don't think I would, but for bedroom studio stuff like you say it's fine.

Don't know how it compares to other products to be honest, just throwing it out there incase you haven't come across it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

reason. ftw.

it rocks it does, plus you get sooooooooooooo much more than just drums....

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

cheers lads, listening to EZdrummer demo's on the site now.. looks better than FL for that kind of stuff for sure..

Is reason in a way higher league than fruity loops... and is it hard to grasp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Have a look at Jamstix from rayzoon.com too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Riffworks is decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

lads im finishing up an album with an electric kit triggering Ezdrummer and the end result is VERY human and real sounding thanks to the samples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Hydrogen is quite good, very buggy though.

Advertisement