Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sly one by Vodafone

• 08-01-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭

Off peak rates for Vodafone do not happen for vodafone during the Christmas Holiday season for calls or texts and not even for Bank or Public Holidays :(

I spent a fortune over Christmas on prepay credit and i just phone them the check what the christmas holiday rates were. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i wouldn't really call that sly tbh. you made an assumption that the rates change on bank holidays etc even though it doesn't mention that anywhere on their site or in their documentation. if they said it did and it didn't, it might be sly

as they say, when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Are you sure? A quick check on the website finds
    'All public holidays are charged as off peak time'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

steve 0 wrote: »
    Are you sure? A quick check on the website finds

fair enough if it does say that. i still wouldn't call that sly. i'd call that incorrect charging which should be refunded. are bank holidays classed as public holidays?

edit: a quick check shows that the only public holidays in ireland over christmas are christmas day, stephens day and new years day. if you were charged peak rates on those days, call for a refund. otherwise you were charged correctly.

calling it sly implies they were trying to get one over on the OP. this is either an error on the OPs part or a billing error which is quite common and easily rectified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/#lifestyle
    Off Peak rates include Public Holidays. Please note Good Friday is not a Public Holiday.

Are you on the lifestyle plan? If so ring Vodafone.

Either way if unsure give them a call, mention the calls in question and see what they have to say. Be nice, be pleasant. See what happens.

Advertisement