Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FAO Admin] Swear filter request: Editing of Offensive Words

Options
  • 08-01-2008 6:13pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Helpdesk. I was posting on a thread on the Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual section and noticed that although the racist term n****r is banned/automatically edited out (and rightly so), the grossly offensive term "****" was not. I think that if Boards.ie is to respect the equality of every minority/group, then terms found offensive to minorities should all be barred. Gay men find the word "****" highly offensive.

I would like, therefore, to see the trem "****" banned from the forum. I would be grateful if you could reply to let me know if you plan to action my request.

Regards,

JupiterKid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sounds reasonable, I've edited your thread fao Admin just to make it a bit more prominant for an Admin to have a look at. Good idea imo, beef faggots aren't eaten much these days and the term as a measuring unit for twigs isn't that hip either..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thanks for your help Gordon. From the way my original post has been changed, it looks like the admins have indeed decided to ban the "f" word. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah, that's cool. Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement