Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do drivers attitudes change with circumstances?

Options
  • 08-01-2008 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I was in a shopping centre car park today and saw a chap pushing his car to try to start. I asked him if it was the battery and he said yes. I carry a jump leads so gave him a jump start.

I was pleased to help, I know what it is like to be stuck with a dead battery-that is why I now carry a jump leads, and tho I now have a brand new battery, you never know the hour or the day....

About a year ago I locked my keys in my car and two men came along and got me sorted out and I really appreciated it.

Thinking about it later I wondered why is it some drivers are so helpful to each other when they see a fellow driver with a dead battery/locked in keys and yet there is sometimes so much aggressiveness if say, a car behind is trying to overtake and can't or someone hold up traffic due to no fault of their own. Are the aggressive one the one who would not bother helping a locked key/flat battery? Or is there something about being behind the wheel that brings out an agressiveness not evident in a car park when they are walking to the car as the men were who helped me with my locked keys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I think it's just human nature. If you can put yourself in the other persons shoes then you're gonna have more time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What about an occasion we've all been in where we might flash someone out for no reason other than having the opportunity to do so and instantly regretting it as they promptly crawl up the road at a snail's pace or whatever....

Advertisement