Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V woes

Options
  • 08-01-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Tried a search on this topic, but didn't have any luck.

I've been using a 3v card for online purchases for a number of months and had no issues with it until last week.

I was making a purchase from an online merchant (have dealt with them in the past, but never with the 3v card). On confirming the order, their website told me that the transaction had failed because of a mismatch with my billing address, and offered me the option to re-enter the address.

After re-entering the address and re-confirming the order, I was then informed that my transaction had failed due to insufficient funds. I went to the 3v page to check my transaction history and it shows that the original order was processed with a "purchase approval" tag, and the amount had been debited against my balance. It showed a second instance of the same order by the same company with a "purchase insufficient funds" tag.

I have since been in touch with 3v's 'customer service' who informed me that because the amount had been debited with an 'approved' tag, I have to deal with the merchant about the issue. Likewise, the merchant's customer service is informing me that I need to speak with my cc provider about the issue ("but if I want to complete my order they will accept a cash payment" :mad:).

I wouldn't mind if this were an isolated issue, but I was shopping around to use up the remaining balance on the 3v card, and the very same thing happened again. Another site told me 'there had been a problem with my order and it would be halted', yet my transaction history on 3v showed 'purchase approval' again.

Thankfully the second merchant's customer service seems very helpful and they are looking into their accounts to see if they have been credited by this amount.

2 of the 3 parties involved are passing the buck back and forth to each other through me, and I could use some advice on who to contact next regarding this issue. If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement