Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adjusting lighting on an added person in a photo

Options
  • 08-01-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Quick question ... long answer no doubt ...

I've an image ...

I want to add a person to this iamge .... and I'd like to preserve the feel of the lighting from the original source on the person being added ...

Does anyone have any tips on this ? or a link to a website with tips ... I've had a look but didn't see anything that grabbed me ...

Normally I'd mess about loads and loads till I got it right ... :)

Thanks for any help,
    James

ps: its a postcard for a friends party I'm helping out with ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Filipek

In Adobe Photoshop go to Image -> Adjustments -> and pick up Match Color. First choose the source and then layer and after that play with Image Options sliders. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Hi Filipek I was just about to dismiss what you'd said .. and then I saw you said match colours which I've never used before ... :)

I've given it a quick try and it looks to be pretty much what I'm after .. cheers :)

Will have to play with it tonight when I've got time

Advertisement