Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Design ( getting started) Help

Options
  • 08-01-2008 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm interested in getting into some Graphic Design courses , what would be the best programme to start with . I'm familar with flexisign ver.7 and signlab. any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.At the moment a part-time course would all i'd be able to do so any idea's?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

I am in 2nd year of Visual Communications. I had no experience of Graphic Design related programmes when i was applying, the portfolio required just requested proof of drawing skills, thought processes and development of ideas... Showing an interest in type, magazine spreads and websites in your notebooks every so often should be sufficient. as for part time ...hmmm...
    Bray institute of further education (www.bife.ie) have a 2 year Graphic Design course , not sure whether you can do part time but i imagine there would be some leniancy in attendance? Sallynoggin college also offer a programme based design course as far as i know. ( www.scfe.ie)

good luck?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

it might also be worth checking out www.courses.ie , this could give you the option of night courses etc. I know some colleges of further education run evening classes in Photoshop and the likes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 trickymc

thanks very much for the suggestions i'll definately look into them . cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

If you're planning on doing a Graphic Design course then you'll more than likely be working mainly with Adobe Illustrator as its the most widely used vector graphic program. Photoshop and InDesign are also used but not as often.

I'm currently dloing a Graphic Design course at the minute :)

Advertisement