Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nike

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

This thread was pointless to start with. Particular brands are a personal choice. The last couple of posts have turned this thread into the absurd !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

This thread was pointless to start with. Particular brands are a personal choice. The last couple of posts have turned this thread into the absurd !

true:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Scott Hall

The damn shoes only cost $5 to make and they charge $100 Nike have been caught before paying employees under the minimum wage, I know for a fact New Balance pay there staff well

To me , If I bought Nike it would be like I think that riping people off is right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭daveyrovers

Scott,

If you're buying your shoes purely on ethics I genuinely think this is a very noble thing to do. However you should research the companies a little closer before you decide to buy on Ethics while It's never been proven that Asics pay below minimum wage they do have a "sweat shop" in south east Asia. Which they don't deny having.

Of the big players the only company who don't have a large manafacturing base in South East Asia is New Balance. They actually manafacture a lot of the shoes in America and also have a large factory in the UK. Brooks and Asics actually use the same factory in South East Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Scott Hall

Thanks for that, I guess I won't be wearing Asics anymore, I'll give Mizuno a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement