Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

work experiance?

• 08-01-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

i have to do some work experiance for lcvp in school in feb and wanted to know is there any way of doing it with the army.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

c-90 wrote: »
    i have to do some work experiance for lcvp in school in feb and wanted to know is there any way of doing it with the army.
    i would,nt imagine so you should email the press office they might be able to enlighten you on this matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

c-90 wrote: »

Yes, its absolutely no problem. But you won't be in uniform.

What kind of job would you be looking at doing?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

As Mairt says yes you can. I know at least 6 guys who did and they had a good laugh doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

What kind of stuff did they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Gunny Hartman

While working in Collin's Bks during the year I seen a group of students on work experience getting briefs on the Panhards, 105's and then getting introductions to the various weapons, including a sniper rifle if I'm not mistaken they got a tour of the barracks and various talks on the different units in the barracks from Cav, Infantry, Arty, Logs, Ordnance, Whingeneers other than that I don't know what happened behind closed doors but rumour has it one of them never left the barracks and the CQ was down a round of ammunition at the end of the week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

great i thought the answer would almost certainly be no i'll email them asap.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've seen work experience students with CIS (signals & I.T.) and other admin roles.

On work experience you won't be around weapon's, part of duties or exercises etc.

If your really interested PM near the time and I'll see how you go about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

rumour has it one of them never left the barracks.

As in working there now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Not sure about time constraints with other school work - but I managed to land myself some work experience in the Curragh Camp during TY ... general office duty at DFTC and the gym/pool.

I didn't even know any PDF members at the time - just kept at it with calls/e-mails til I got it.

So yeah, it can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Mairt wrote: »
    I've seen work experience students with CIS (signals & I.T.) and other admin roles.

On work experience you won't be around weapon's, part of duties or exercises etc.

If your really interested PM near the time and I'll see how you go about it.

i emailed them and they told me to call 01 8046453 cathel buragh barracks manpower office will i call them now or closer to the time i have to do it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement