Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Straight Deal Applies?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I would have thought they mean "no trade in".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Straight deal means no trade-in. But would you really want to do business with them? I mean, look at the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭beatman91

Avns1s wrote: »
    I would have thought they mean "no trade in".

Maybe its just a photo but the door looks like the colour is off. Maybe painted.

Usually these cars go back to a ford dealer its new enough. I'd ask how they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say it's belonging to a staff member.

Anyone who describes a Focus 3 door as a Coupe, and doesnt wash the car or make an effort to not have his shadow in the picture doesn't deserve your money

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Could be just because the car is dirty but the 1/4 panel colour looks off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Its not particularly cheap and the mileage is high. A full priced Zetec with half the mileage and a year younger is not much more than a grand dearer at Merlin Motor City. I'm sure that a cash buyer would be able to haggle a substantial discount from them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Thanks for the replies guys... Checked Merlin, but they don't seem to have a car that meets the spec of this one. 1.6 litre being the first hurdle..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'd say it is being sold on behalf of a customer. I would agree that the car should have at least been washed if not valeted before going up on the web.
    Move on, there must be hundreds of these available.

I'd say it is being sold on behalf of a customer. I would agree that the car should have at least been washed if not valeted before going up on the web.
    Move on, there must be hundreds of these available.

Doesn't seem to be too many floating about. Loads of 1.4 models though on the market at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ad. is terrible.

3 doors 1.6 Zetec's are not too common. You'd get an 07 with the all important Connection pack, and less than half that mileage for maybe €2 or €3k more.

• Advertisement

yeah you are right Henry. Saw this ad and i think i'll go and take a look at it.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=863266

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

yeah you are right Henry. Saw this ad and i think i'll go and take a look at it.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=863266

Much more like it. Will have a manufacturers warranty too. The connection pack is worth €2400 at retail prices, and includes 17" alloys, keyless entry system, climate control, bluetooth for phone, and voice control for radio/cd (kids love that), and also auto lights, wipers, and rear view mirror.

Zetec model has better trim, specification, superior seats and suspension.

1.6 is a good little engine too.

Advertisement