Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another Silly Reg Makeover

Options
  • 08-01-2008 8:14pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spotted this today . Silver Audi TT , with a D on the blue part where IRL should be , two German tax stickers between the 00 and the "D" on the reg and German typeface ...

ttmo5.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's kinda cool. illegal though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I agree it was rather cool . But totally illegal and pointless , why would you want to disguise your car as an import .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

hehe if he'd registered it about 30 seconds later he'd have had 00 d 2000. would have looked better , even with his stupid mods.

Maybe its a heavily modified german reg. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I know its illegal but al least its different and it looks good on the car, we all can't be boring old farts and be the same as everyone else caiuse it would be one sad world

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

NBar wrote: »
    I know its illegal but al least its different and it looks good on the car, we all can't be boring old farts and be the same as everyone else caiuse it would be one sad world

Surely theres enough bits on the car that can be modded so as not to be a "boring old fart". The reg doesnt need to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

In Australia you can legally buy euro style plates from the state.\

http://www.vplates.com.au/index.htm
    \

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Stekelly wrote: »
    Surely theres enough bits on the car that can be modded so as not to be a "boring old fart". The reg doesnt need to be.

+1
    its a reg plate for god sake what next lets mod our tax discs holders!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

I think it looks good, illegal, but good.
    Recently saw one with german number plate surrounds (from a garage near the "ring" had the logo on it, nice touch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a bit of a cult (I said cult!) about German cars having the German plate design, which is much cooler than our plates I must say.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Stekelly wrote: »

But it grabs your attention like alot of other modifications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's one of things that people into German cars like to do, to make them look even more German. I went through a phase with my 1974 "Cal Look" VW Beetle where I had California style number plates ala :

IMGP1116.jpg
    to complete the "California look", it was 10 years ago though.
    (I did have 3.5 inch high silver letters on a black background, I was technically legal, originally I had yellow numbers with black background but Gardai didn't like it.And here it is, what a great fun car it was!!! (Nearly killed me restoring it though, literally!!)
    P7300001-1.jpg

Advertisement