Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Court Summons

• 08-01-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for a bit of help on this one. Got stopped back in september for no seatbelt my fault 100% no excuse. Garda was sound enough just doing his job and asked me to drop my licence and insurance down to the Station of my choice. Dropped it down after 3 days no problems. Last week i recieved a summons for failure to produce both!!! I'm don't understand, i've tried to contact the Garda to no avail as he is in a different station.

Now here is where the crap hits the fan, i'm 29 years old and it was my wife's car i drive a van for my company, i have just discovered i'm not on the policy although we both assumed i was there was no reason i shouldn't be on the policy it was free we are thinking this could have been insurance companies fault but our fault for not checking the details of the policy, i hold a full licence and never ever been in trouble in anyway.

I drive for a living and am currently considering joining the Garda or the Fire Brigade, so am worried how this is going to affect me.

Where do i stand does anyone know?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

There is a barrister who is getting people off in situations like that. I have seen him do it. He uses an EU directive. He has about fifty pages of legal submissions ready when running the defence. Being convicted of driving without insurance is a horrible thing, it may affect your chances of employment in the public sector, you have to disclose the conviction to your own insurers, and suffer the consequences. If you are convicted of any other motoring offence in the future, having a no insurance conviction will not go down well, to say the least. It is better to get a good legal team and avoid the conviction. PM me and I will get you contact details of a solicitor who can arrange a defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Thanks Jo King pm sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Have a look at the discussion on this thread. It deals with a similar issue to your own.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055166121

Advertisement