Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Something to watch out for!

Options
  • 08-01-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I had a civic stolen last week, but the car was recovered 15 min later with only a few km on the clock(last thing I did that night was fill up and reset the clock).

Had small frontal damage and the usual stuff, so the copper drove it back to the station.

I went and took out all personall stuff from the car before it was going to Gannons for fingerprinting.

I picked the car up a few days ago and it had no power steering.

Brought it back home and some of the parts have been bolted off.

There is no way this stuff fell off and no way they had time or would be bothered.

So whats worse the scumbag robbing your car at night or the one that gets paid for it.

Next time I'll cut my losses and take the car home with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What did the Guards say?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭beatman91

I havent gone to them, gannons is owned by an ex garda I think. And how will I be able to prove that.

Anyhow its more of a warning for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Meirleach

It wasn't gone when you left it in? If so I would seriously bring it up with the garage.

Yeah true, I might just do that.

beatman91 wrote: »
    Yeah true, I might just do that.
    You mean to say that you've had the car back for a few days and you still haven't informed either Gannons or the Gardai? Why on earth not? Why did you even leave Gannons without making it known?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Report the theft of the stuff from your car and make a big issue about it also inform your insurance company as well. As for Gannon being an ex Garda doesn't mean jack ****, if one of his employees is taking parts of cars then someone should be told. Whatever you do don't take it lying down

you guys are right

If you had informed the garage and called the Guards as soon as you started the car up then you'd be in a much stronger position. To be honest, who's going to believe you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I had a civic stolen last week, but the car was recovered 15 min later with only a few km on the clock(last thing I did that night was fill up and reset the clock)

Another car stolen from your family :eek: Thats 2 Civics in 10 weeks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54241695&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I had a civic stolen last week, but the car was recovered 15 min later with only a few km on the clock(last thing I did that night was fill up and reset the clock).

Had small frontal damage and the usual stuff, so the copper drove it back to the station.

I went and took out all personall stuff from the car before it was going to Gannons for fingerprinting.

I picked the car up a few days ago and it had no power steering.

Brought it back home and some of the parts have been bolted off.

There is no way this stuff fell off and no way they had time or would be bothered.

So whats worse the scumbag robbing your car at night or the one that gets paid for it.

Next time I'll cut my losses and take the car home with me.

Id go to the garage first and see if you can get some satisfaction i.e. your parts back and something extra for the mental anguish. If they wont help you out then report it to the guards... And if they wont do anything contact the guards ombudsman.. and make a huge deal of the whole thing.

Just cuz the guy is an ex guard means nothing.. perhaps in the dark old days but we as a nation should be moving away from this kind of gombeenism..

• Advertisement

DonJose wrote: »
    Another car stolen from your family :eek: Thats 2 Civics in 10 weeks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54241695&postcount=1

Yep, that was my brothers. We got that back with the chassis bent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I've read about this sort of thing happening in insurance recovery yards in the UK. I suppose it's not such a stretch to guess that the same thing happens here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Was in a breaker's yard in England a few years ago, trying to find some parts for a Sherpa van. While I was busying myself trying to get a steering box off, my 10 year-old proudly handed me a radiator grill. I paid for the stuff on the way out. Went back a week later and the owner let rip at with a mouthfull of abuse. He pointed out in no uncertain terms that I'd stolen the grille off his recovery truck.:D

Advertisement