Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Checking dealer

Options
  • 08-01-2008 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I want to check out a car dealer before buying. He is apparently a 'one man show' but is not on the www.cro.ie site as his own name. Is there any way I can find out what he is regd under, or who he may be involved with. His busness forecourt sign says 'joe bloggs car sales' Obviously not joe bloggs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

How about posting the name here and someone will be able to tell you through a PM if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A friend of the family had four of his bikes at a repair shop recently. One of them was stolen from the workshop. The official name of the business is something like 'Tim's Taxis' and when my uncle enquired as to what he was going to do about it, because it was in his care afterall, he was told get stuffed- I'm not a registered business, I do this as a hobby.

So you are right to be suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

cantdecide wrote: »
    A friend of the family had four of his bikes at a repair shop recently. One of them was stolen from the workshop. The official name of the business is something like 'Tim's Taxis' and when my uncle enquired as to what he was going to do about it, because it was in his care afterall, he was told get stuffed- I'm not a registered business, I do this as a hobby.

So you are right to be suspicious.

If he is regularly doing repairs of bikes as a hobby for other people the work he does can be viewed as being covered under contract law.
    (Did a module on business law recently & this was mentioned about hobby businesses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If he is regularly doing repairs of bikes as a hobby for other people the work he does can be viewed as being covered under contract law.
    (Did a module on business law recently & this was mentioned about hobby businesses)

I think officially he isn't getting paid for it.

My brother once took a case against a guy who had a full garage at home and was permanently turning around several cars at a time. He bought a crash damaged Inca, fixed it and sold it to my brother but he used parts from a donor from the wrong year and it caused alomost a grand's worth of damage to the gearbox. It got thrown out.

Advertisement