Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouser suit (preferably black) for a girl

• 08-01-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm in the market for a new trouser suit - it's something I will wear infrequently, but I'm thinking I might be looking for a new job later in the year so I'd like to have something on standby.

As I'd like it to last me a few years I want something plain, black, and with fairly classic styling. So the really wide/high waisted trousers are out! I also need the trousers in a long leg.

Finally budget - I wouldn't really want to spend more than €200, less if possible!

Where should I start looking - I have plenty of time but don't want to leave it til summer as they may only have lighter-coloured stuff in then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

I got a nice one in Mango a few years ago that I still wear. Nice quality to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

Dorothy Perkins do a good range of career wear.
    But you are better off trying the larger stores like the one in the retail park in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

Next and Zara are where i'm going to be looking for one, i need one too, similar to the one you described

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I laways get suits in Next. They are not too expensive and always seem to have a lovely fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Next is where I get the majority of my suits. They seem to fit well, are good quality and don't break the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I think tailored skirts with jackets look a lot smarter. I feel like I'm cross dressing when I wear trouser suits, although obviously I have to sometimes.
    Men can wear good suits to work and weddings and formal functions because they look great. Women can only really wear trouser suits to work!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oasis do really well-cut suits, with a choice of skirt or trousers.

Advertisement