Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance and broken hand

Options
  • 08-01-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

After a bit of a tumble it turns out I've broken a bone in my hand - requiring a cast and sling:(

The nurses were nice and sympathetic :) but insisted I couldn't drive home because my insurance would be invalidated.

Haven't had time to ring my insurance company but is there any way around this - I mean I know an old codger driving around in cars, tractors, combines with one arm...

If I could get my hands an an automatic for a week or two could I be insured on that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd ask your insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Speaking as someone who broke his hand a while ago, I didn't even consider for a second driving while my hand was in a cast regardless of whether I was insured or not.

Advertisement